Human
    When You Were Young
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Human
    Somebody Told Me
    All These Things That I've Done
    This River Is Wild
    Read My Mind

Should be a good start but i've missed too many good songs :tongue: It is hard to pick favourites!
    Thanxxxx aloddddd!!!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    Yes I went to RAH Thats the above ticket!

9 days till I see them at O2 :woo: :woo:
    Ah wow! You are sooo lucky to have been at the RAH gig... I listened to it on Radio 1 after and it sounded amazing.

1 week 6 days until I see them in Sheffield!

Does anyone know if Louis XIV are supporting at all their gigs or just some?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huladancingmunchkin)
    Ah wow! You are sooo lucky to have been at the RAH gig... I listened to it on Radio 1 after and it sounded amazing.

1 week 6 days until I see them in Sheffield!

Does anyone know if Louis XIV are supporting at all their gigs or just some?
    It was THE best night of my life! Nothing will top that, especially as it was the first time I saw them live!

7 days till I see them Louis XIV are supporting them throughout the UK and European leg of the tour...which is a shame because I'm not a fan of their music :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It was THE best night of my life! Nothing will top that, especially as it was the first time I saw them live!

7 days till I see them Louis XIV are supporting them throughout the UK and European leg of the tour...which is a shame because I'm not a fan of their music :mad:
    Okay, thanks. I'll have to go and find some of their music on myspace now to see what I think!

ReputationRep:
    What other artists do The Killers fans like?

On Last.fm The Killers' similar artists (defined as the artists The Killers listeners listen to most) http://www.last.fm/music/The+Killers include Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Cheifs, The Kooks, The Fratellis...but apart from FF and The Strokes, I don't really like any of those :/. :confused: I hate that kind of music. :redface: :ninja:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Hanoi)

On Last.fm The Killers' similar artists (defined as the artists The Killers listeners listen to most) http://www.last.fm/music/The+Killers include Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Cheifs, The Kooks, The Fratellis...but apart from FF and The Strokes, I don't really like any of those :/. :confused: I hate that kind of music. :redface: :ninja:
    I like some Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs. Haven't listened to The Fratellis. My other favourite bands at the moment are probably: Elbow, Snow Patrol, Death Cab for Cutie, Coldplay, Paramore, Pendulum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanoi)

I really don't like or am not a fan of nearly all their similar bands. I listen to a bit of everything from the likes of Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Queen to the newer bands like Stereophonics, Ash, Feeder, Manics, MGMT, Muse. Last.fm's recommendations for similar bands to Killers suck, The Killers are miles better than any of them! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanoi)

My music taste is pretty much in line with that I guess. But I hate Kaiser Cheifs, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand and the ever-annoying The Kooks.

My faves include The Libertines, Oasis, Muse, Bloc Party, Placebo, Incubus, Editors, MGMT, etc.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that The Killers are playing at T in the Park this year??

ReputationRep:
    OMFG I MET BRANDON :love: :love: :love:

Story and pics to come soon whilst I digest it All I can say right now is that I'm speechless.......I can now die happily!

ReputationRep:
    OMFG I MET BRANDON :love: :love: :love:

Story and pics to come soon whilst I digest it All I can say right now is that I'm speechless.......I can now die happily!
    :zomg:

I.Hate.You.

Little goatie or no little goatie?

Hot or Not? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Brandon is the one man I'd go gay for.

ReputationRep:
    Right so I don't know how to explain how magic this day was so I'm using my pictures to show you guys - sorry it's gonna be long, I'm that excited and happy! I'm moving to China soon so after I see them next week at the London O2 Arena, I won't be seeing these guys for a very very very very very long time because there's no chance in hell of them ever coming to China (though I hope to change that by introducing all the 1.3 billion Chinese people to their music, and make them all buy an album - The Killers would break every record in history if this happens!). So I thought what the heck, let me go along and try to make my 1% chance of ever meeting them a reality.

So we arrived at Shepherd's Bush just before 10am and saw a few people already queuing! At this time, the tour crew were all unpacking the Killers set as Coldplay's stuff had already been taken in. You will not believe how much stuff there was! In the words of one of the tour guys I met: "How much s*** did they bring?!"

By now, unloading and setting up, food deliveries etc were still going so we sat down on the floor and got chatting to the tour guys and tour manager/the assistant and security, and we became really friendly with them so they let us sit around the loading side. I decided to read my fave mag! Then Ray came along at like half 12 or 1! Wooooooo!

By now the sign had gone up as well and there are some Victims in the queue! Spot yourselves if you were there!

At this point it was like half 1 to 2ish AND Brandon had turned up unnoticed from round the back, but we were unaware and the security/tour guys were apologising for not informing us! I asked if I could go in with them but they said it was not going to be possible and that it was not an open soundcheck, and one tour dude said he'll give me his number instead! Not quite what I was after lol :eek: BUTTTTTT they were so nice and let us sit round the back of the loading area and hear the Closed Soundcheck from outside the door! We could hear everything!!!!! It was like our own private gig - Brandon sounded amazing!!!!

Then this really cute guy on tour with them from LA told us Brandon was leaving round the back and to hurry and we might catch him. By the time we got to the alleyway, I saw Brandon all the way down the other end by the flashy people carriers they came in! SO me and my friend rannnnnnn like Usain Bolt to the other side, it was hilarious! By then, Brandon was already in the car, but their manager was talking to him from outside discussing the Brit Awards plans and the schedule. So we went by and politely interrupted saying "Brandon!" and he was like "Hey how are you?". So I asked if we could take a picture with him and he was like "Yeah of course!" and he was so smiley!

So as Brandon climbed out of the car, he already had his arms extended out for me and my friend to snuggle in with him for a picture! I felt I died and gone to heaven! He was soooooooo nice! I told him I loved him and he replied "I love you too" :love: :love: :love:

And then I was like to my friend "Get out the picture, I want one by myself" lol because I'm the Killers fan and she's my support for the day, keeping me company! And Brandon laughed his head off joking about that being quite greedy, and I explained how he was my musical hero with all their amazing songs so I am greedy when it comes to the Killers! And then I told him how cute he looked with his hair and whole casual outfit and he giggled and said thank you! And then we just general chit chatted about the Brit Awards, wished him luck, and told them how I'm seeing them next week and to tell Ronnie to aim the drum sticks at Block 101!

Then the manager packed him off in the car and he said bye etc! It was the most surreal thing everrrrrrrr! I couldn't quite believe it was happening, and the fact that he was soooooooo nice! He was all ready to go in the car when we first got there so the fact that he jumped out and was really happy to chat with us was amazing! Then I ran home to watch the Brit Awards - Brandon's speech and performance with the Pet Shop Boys was amazing! In short, this along with RAH were the best days of my life

Hope that wasn't too long winded - I'm just excited! Sorry!

EDIT: Deleted some the pics now that some of you guys have seen them! PM me if you wanna see the others!

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. my. god. that would be like my dream come true, he is beautiful :tongue:
    your soo lucky hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)
    Is it true that The Killers are playing at T in the Park this year??
    Yeah they're headlining

ReputationRep:
    WOW, brilliant pics.

Roll on the 28th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    Yeah they're headlining
    Yay!! I couldn't get tickets for the Killers, this has made my day!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.