Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *is jealous*

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, do you know whose supporting them at the moment? I'm going to see them on Friday!!! OMG so excited. And then again at Nottingham. I'm actually getting hyper just thinking about it. :p: :laughing: :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I haven't been on TSR for a week, came on right now and thought I'll pop in to the Killers soc first, and find you met Brandon! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am sooooooo jealous!

You should have emailed me this STRAIGHT away.

I'm in shock :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:
    I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrry, but I'm emailing to tell you now that I met Brandon again AND Ronnie today :woo: But that's another story which I will post about later because I gotta finish my chinese homework! :yep:

Oooo today's gig must have finished by now! Hahaha our turn tomorrow for those who are going on the 24th!!!!!! YAY!!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LozengeC)
    Hey guys, do you know whose supporting them at the moment? I'm going to see them on Friday!!! OMG so excited. And then again at Nottingham. I'm actually getting hyper just thinking about it. :p: :laughing: :love:
    Louis XIV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrry, but I'm emailing to tell you now that I met Brandon again AND Ronnie today :woo: But that's another story which I will post about later because I gotta finish my chinese homework! :yep:

Oooo today's gig must have finished by now! Hahaha our turn tomorrow for those who are going on the 24th!!!!!! YAY!!! :eek3:
    :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3: :woo: :eek3:
    man you are one lucky girl!
    and to everyone going today, enjoy yourselves!

ReputationRep:
    Louis XIV
    Oh, are they not very good? :p: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club were good last time, I'm wearing their t-shirt as I type. :p: I'm such a geek. :laughing:

x

ReputationRep:

You met them again! :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

Edit: I have no email

ReputationRep:
    Oh My God. Last night was absolutely fantastic :woo:

I got to the barrier in standing for the first time ever at a gig and was just so happy it was for my all time favourite band as well! I was right by Dave who looked at me and my friend and raised his eyebrows at us :eek:
    Then Brandon came over to our side and was singing Mr Brightside DIRECTLY in front of us which was the most amazing moment ever
    And they actually played Bling live which I was reallly happy about
    And to top it all off, my friend got one of the drumsticks :eek3:

Oh and they were pretty good as well
    Much much better than RAH where I was seated, but that was still great

What did everyone else think??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    I agree. They were amazing!!
    Have to be the best band I've seen live!
    Brandon looks well hot in real life. I was like "Woahh!" lol!

I managed to get tickets at 12.30am yesterday morning, after hearing my friend ring me Monday night so I could listen to Mr Brightside!! I was that jealous, I just had to go to the one yesterday! Very spur of the moment! :p:

I wasn't impressed with Louis XIV though!

I want to go againnnn! I'm uploading the videos I took to Youtube at the moment... my friends keep nagging me cause they're jealous.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe-Marie)
    I agree. They were amazing!!
    Have to be the best band I've seen live!
    Brandon looks well hot in real life. I was like "Woahh!" lol!

I managed to get tickets at 12.30am yesterday morning, after hearing my friend ring me Monday night so I could listen to Mr Brightside!! I was that jealous, I just had to go to the one yesterday! Very spur of the moment! :p:

I wasn't impressed with Louis XIV though!

I want to go againnnn! I'm uploading the videos I took to Youtube at the moment... my friends keep nagging me cause they're jealous.. :p:
    Linkage when finished please!

I'm gutted I couldnt get reasonably priced tickets

Hoping to go to V though, so if im lucky I'll catch them there...

ReputationRep:
    LAST NIGHT WAS AMAZINGGGGGGGGG! Sooooooo glad I got tickets to Tues instead of Mon now! :love:

LOL I was shocked when Brandon swore, "Lets blow the roof off this motherf******" haha, nice to see he was quite taken by the dome! So unusual to hear him say something like that lol! This was before the final song When You Were Young!

SETLIST WAS AMAZING! I WENT NUTS WHEN BLING CAME ON!!!!! You should have seen my fist pumps to "Higher and higher". And This River Is Wild!!!!!! Aaaaargh! And the violin version of Smile Like You Mean IT...amazing or what! Ray is so talented! He plays like everything!
    Prefered this show soooooooo much more to RAH, even though that was like one of their defining moments, one because of the setlist and two, because I was soooooooooo close to brandon in block 101! I could see his facial expressions, his movements, his jiggling, his amazing dance moves right in front of me, it felt so much more personal (and the fact that i met him!) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HIM! A Dustland Fairytale made me fall in love with him even more...something about that...it made me want to cry tears of joy. The guy is a wizard, he makes magic happen :love: :love:

I stand firm that The Killers are most definitely the best live band ever...true performers!! And omg BUBBLES AND CONFETTI!!! Haha! Will post some pics, KT.b, you might be in some of them if you got to front row! Uploading my vids to youtube so will link!

ENCORE ENCORE!

ReputationRep:
    LAST NIGHT WAS AMAZINGGGGGGGGG! Sooooooo glad I got tickets to Tues instead of Mon now! :love:

LOL I was shocked when Brandon swore, "Lets blow the roof off this motherf******" haha, nice to see he was quite taken by the dome! So unusual to hear him say something like that lol! This was before the final song When You Were Young!

SETLIST WAS AMAZING! I WENT NUTS WHEN BLING CAME ON!!!!! You should have seen my fist pumps to "Higher and higher". And This River Is Wild!!!!!! Aaaaargh! And the violin version of Smile Like You Mean IT...amazing or what! Ray is so talented! He plays like everything!
    Prefered this show soooooooo much more to RAH, even though that was like one of their defining moments, one because of the setlist and two, because I was soooooooooo close to brandon in block 101! I could see his facial expressions, his movements, his jiggling, his amazing dance moves right in front of me, it felt so much more personal (and the fact that i met him!) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HIM! A Dustland Fairytale made me fall in love with him even more...something about that...it made me want to cry tears of joy. The guy is a wizard, he makes magic happen :love: :love:

I stand firm that The Killers are most definitely the best live band ever...true performers!! And omg BUBBLES AND CONFETTI!!! Haha! Will post some pics, KT.b, you might be in some of them if you got to front row! Uploading my vids to youtube so will link!

ENCORE ENCORE!
    Hahahaha, it's nice to meet another person who thinks Bling is one of the best songs ever
    It was just such an amazing set list, it's like they picked all my favourite songs from the albums and played them! Though coulda been a bit of Losing Touch...
    My arm ached so much today from all the fist pumping :rolleyes:

Just :woo: Best. Day. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)

I got to the barrier in standing for the first time ever at a gig and was just so happy it was for my all time favourite band as well! I was right by Dave who looked at me and my friend and raised his eyebrows at us :eek:
    Then Brandon came over to our side and was singing Mr Brightside DIRECTLY in front of us which was the most amazing moment ever
    And they actually played Bling live which I was reallly happy about
    And to top it all off, my friend got one of the drumsticks :eek3:

Oh and they were pretty good as well
    Much much better than RAH where I was seated, but that was still great

What did everyone else think??
    wow!! i went on monday and at one point Dave was looking at the direction of our block, possibly to people near the stage (lol ofcourse i pretended it was me even though we were right at the top) and when they finished the show he waved goodbye! which was cool!
    when they left like three quarters of the way i was thinking what?! :woo: don't go!
    and he says he can't dance! he was a brilliant dancer!
    it was truly an amazing show!

ReputationRep:
    yea they were amazing I went to the monday show! bit sad that they didn't play river is wild would have loved to hear the second verse lol but bling was awesome. I kind of realised what that song meant when he was singing it live!

i've never seen them live before so can't compare it to anything but its made want to see them again! ronnie on the drums for spaceman he was amazing i filmed about 6 seconds of it but he's really wow! mark's short solo bit at the start of jenny was a friend of mine was incredible too.

oh and joyride god can brandon move! lol as an intro to the song he started saying, "This song is hope, This song is about sex (should have seen the look on dave's face it was like what the hell?). This song is about dreams" and some other stuff i can't remember but it was nice to hear him speak between songs he has a sweet voice.

oh and dave waved twice at our block my sis (who is (",) btw she's mentioned it already^)
    yh i took a few short vids and pics but battery was low and my camera died but im kinda glad i just wanted to enjoy the show!
    it was such an emotional day.

im so jealous of you miss brightside! i'm guessing you met them near radio 1 they had an interview with jo whiley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noblesagi)
    im so jealous of you miss brightside! i'm guessing you met them near radio 1 they had an interview with jo whiley.
    Everyone's been talking about the "This song is about Sex!", but we never got that! We got a little story about why he doesn't talk much! I filmed it!

Noooo I met Brandon before the Warchild gig last Wednesday - I wrote a whole story on it a few pages back lol! Posted loads of pics but I thought I'd take some off so thats why it's gone shorter. Left the most important ones on though

And then I met Ronnie properly at Radio One and got a quick wave from Brandon! Ah I still need to post this little story...ok so here I go T Kay!

My friend and I go university 5 minutes away from Radio One studios, so we were listening to the radio and thought lets just go down there! So we did, and got there, found awaiting papparazzi, then these 2 other fans came along. Brandon and Ronnie arrived with more paps on their tail, and the pap went mad. Brandon was so terrified - those 2 fans asked him for a pic, and he initially said yes, but then papparazzi hounded him and he got scared and ran in. You should have seen him, it was awful! While this was happening, me and my friend saved Ronnie from them cos we covered him and he went in through the other side.

But we managed to stop and take a pic while the pap harassed Brandon, and I told him to make sure he smiled and he laughed saying something along the lines of how I'm one of the lucky ones to get a smile out of him, he was so sweet! He said lots of stuff I can't quite remember, it happened so fast and said they were late and he asked if we were gonna be outside after to sign my t-shirt and I was like Oooo yeah! So after the interview, more pap and some weird people arrived. Brandon and Ronnie came out, the car pulled up quickly, and Brandon and Ronnie power-walked to the car, almost running. And they ran past the other 2 fans waiting which was a bit unfortunate for them I guess, but then Ronnie remembered about signing my t-shirt and came back to me past all these people :woo: He is amazing, I love him even more now! So while he was signing, we had a very quick chat about seeing them tomorrow (proper gazing into eachother's eyes! He had his glasses, jacket and scarf off now!) and explained to him where I would be sitting for him to throw me the drumsticks which he found hilarious and said he'd try. I now own 4 Killer's tshirts lol!

EDIT: Have deleted the pics now that some of you guys have seen them! PM me if you wanna see!

ReputationRep:
    I've had a rethink about this gig in comparison to RAH actually, and to be honest, you can't really compare them. RAH was iconic! And it was my first time seeing them! I do think the atmosphere and crowd were much better at RAH though! Hmmmm, lets just say both gigs were just the best days of my life, and the days meeting both Brandon and Ronnie! I've been on a total Killers ride this week, from Warchild last wednesday to last night! WHAT A WEEK!

Here are some of my pics from the gig yesterday now I can link them from Facebook! I took over 180 pictures so only putting a few up! Will post my youtube link once vids are up!

I love this!!! It's the whole "I'VE GOT SOUL BUT I'M NOT A SOLDIER" moment!!

Setlist from Tuesday 24th February 2009
    London O2 Arena!

Human
    This is Your Life
    Somebody Told Me
    For Reasons Unknown
    (Extended Intro) Joyride
    I Can't Stay
    Bling (I WENT NUTS!!!!!!!)
    Sweet Talk
    Spaceman
    Dustland
    This River is Wild (If Bling wasn't enough, this surprise almost gave me a heart attack!)
    Smile Like You Mean It (New violin and piano version - was amazing!!)
    Sam's Town (Abbey Road)
    Read My Mind
    Mr Brightside
    All These Thing's That I've Done

[BREAK TIME]

The World We Live In
    Bones
    Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    When You Were Young (Brandon: "Lets blow the roof off this motherf*****!" LOL referring to the O2 dome! I hope we did you proud Brandon!)

ReputationRep:

Setlist from Tuesday 24th February 2009
    London O2 Arena!

Human
    This is Your Life
    Somebody Told Me
    For Reasons Unknown
    (Extended Intro) Joyride
    I Can't Stay
    Bling (I WENT NUTS!!!!!!!)
    Sweet Talk
    Spaceman
    Dustland
    This River is Wild (If Bling wasn't enough, this surprise almost gave me a heart attack!)
    Smile Like You Mean It (New violin and piano version - was amazing!!)
    Sam's Town (Abbey Road)
    Read My Mind
    Mr Brightside
    All These Thing's That I've Done

[BREAK TIME]

The World We Live In
    Bones
    Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    When You Were Young (Brandon: "Lets blow the roof off this motherf*****!" LOL referring to the O2 dome! I hope we did you proud Brandon!)
    Wowww...
    I'm even more excited now!!!!

5 DAYS TO GO!!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I'm not in any of those pictures, was in front of the lefthand speaker so out of shot I'm afraid. Amazing pics though!

ReputationRep:
    arrgh they didnt do sweet talk they did shadowplay instead! but that was good though he didnt do the scream bit "wraaoh" me and my sis did it for him!
    i'm trying to think if they did another song instead of this river is wild um i think it may have been losing touch.
    your pics are much better than mines! i only have one or two that are clear the rest are blurry or brandon looks like he has two heads! he was moving around like a mad man. :woo: but a very good looking mad man

Name:  DSC06873 - Copypaint.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  203.8 KB

Name:  DSC06839 - Copy - Copypaint.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  201.4 KB

Name:  DSC06859 - Copypaint.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  279.6 KB

Name:  DSC06865 - Copypaint.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  299.7 KB

Name:  DSC06875 - Copypaint.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  253.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    they've just won best international act at the NME awards

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.