Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    they've just won best international act at the NME awards
    Awesome! Should have won the Brit though... none of this Kings of Leon rubbish :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    yay they deserve it!:woo:
    i wish they'd won a brit too!
    (but i like kings of leon as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Awesome! Should have won the Brit though... none of this Kings of Leon rubbish :ninja:
    Ditto :yep: ...KOL + Brits = :mad: :mad: :mad: <---- me

ReputationRep:
    Kings Of Leon's latest album was mediocre. Their other albums have been decent but there have been many better Rock albums this decade than KOL! What did Killers win in NME anyway in all? And did MGMT win best track award, they better had with Time To Pretend :woo:

Miss Brightide, don't think i said anything, but lucky lucky you!

ReputationRep:
    Last night was on off the best nights of my life.
    The gig was awesome, its something i will never forget and I would love to see them play somewhere in the US next!!
    I have supported them from the start and was just so over-the-moon to finally see them live. Im seeing Coldplay at Wembley in September but that's gonna have to go some to get close to last night. I thought it was I.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    Everyone's been talking about the "This song is about Sex!", but we never got that! We got a little story about why he doesn't talk much! I filmed it!

Noooo I met Brandon before the Warchild gig last Wednesday - I wrote a whole story on it a few pages back lol! Posted loads of pics but I thought I'd take some off so thats why it's gone shorter. Left the most important ones on though

And then I met Ronnie properly at Radio One and got a quick wave from Brandon! Ah I still need to post this little story...ok so here I go T Kay!

My friend and I go university 5 minutes away from Radio One studios, so we were listening to the radio and thought lets just go down there! So we did, and got there, found awaiting papparazzi, then these 2 other fans came along. Brandon and Ronnie arrived with more paps on their tail, and the pap went mad. Brandon was so terrified - those 2 fans asked him for a pic, and he initially said yes, but then papparazzi hounded him and he got scared and ran in. You should have seen him, it was awful! While this was happening, me and my friend saved Ronnie from them cos we covered him and he went in through the other side.

But we managed to stop and take a pic while the pap harassed Brandon, and I told him to make sure he smiled and he laughed saying something along the lines of how I'm one of the lucky ones to get a smile out of him, he was so sweet! He said lots of stuff I can't quite remember, it happened so fast and said they were late and he asked if we were gonna be outside after to sign my t-shirt and I was like Oooo yeah! So after the interview, more pap and some weird people arrived. Brandon and Ronnie came out, the car pulled up quickly, and Brandon and Ronnie power-walked to the car, almost running. And they ran past the other 2 fans waiting which was a bit unfortunate for them I guess, but then Ronnie remembered about signing my t-shirt and came back to me past all these people :woo: He is amazing, I love him even more now! So while he was signing, we had a very quick chat about seeing them tomorrow (proper gazing into eachother's eyes! He had his glasses, jacket and scarf off now!) and explained to him where I would be sitting for him to throw me the drumsticks which he found hilarious and said he'd try.

I now own 4 Killer's tshirts lol!
    You are sooo lucky!

I'm going tomorrow :eek: Can't wait!

Just seen the songs you put up, I hope they play Bling too and all the usual songs they play. Another song they rarely play that I really really want to see them play is All The Pretty Faces, I love that song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)

Setlist from Tuesday 24th February 2009
    London O2 Arena!

Human
    This is Your Life
    Somebody Told Me
    For Reasons Unknown
    (Extended Intro) Joyride
    I Can't Stay
    Bling (I WENT NUTS!!!!!!!)
    Sweet Talk
    Spaceman
    Dustland
    This River is Wild (If Bling wasn't enough, this surprise almost gave me a heart attack!)
    Smile Like You Mean It (New violin and piano version - was amazing!!)
    Sam's Town (Abbey Road)
    Read My Mind
    Mr Brightside
    All These Thing's That I've Done

[BREAK TIME]

The World We Live In
    Bones
    Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    When You Were Young (Brandon: "Lets blow the roof off this motherf*****!" LOL referring to the O2 dome! I hope we did you proud Brandon!)
    I wish they play them two especially.

'This is the world that we live in.
    I can't take blame for two'

I love that line!

ReputationRep:
    And I'd also love it if they play Joy Ride, I think that my favourite song from the new album.

ReputationRep:
    They played This River is Wild??? God I love that song! :love:

OMG, it's tomorrow. (can you tell I'm excited:laughing).

Anyone else going?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LozengeC)
    They played This River is Wild??? God I love that song! :love:

OMG, it's tomorrow. (can you tell I'm excited:laughing).

Anyone else going?

x
    Me! Even more excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Me! Even more excited!
    How do you know? :p: Are you standing?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LozengeC)
    How do you know? :p: Are you standing?

x

I haven't got the best seats I'm afraid, I'm way back. I'm not that fussed though, just can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I wish they play them two especially.

'This is the world that we live in.
    I can't take blame for two'

I love that line!
    "Bless your body, bless your soul, pray for peace and self control"

"Lesson learned and the wheels keep turning"

"I know that we can heal over time"

My favourite lines from this song! This song sounded amazing live, and Brandon looks sooooooo happy and cheery when he sings this, especially during the lines I posted!

They will defo play these two, sooooooo amazing! Have fun guys!!!! They truly are amazing! And post about it afterwards! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Linkage when finished please!
    Here are the videos that I took on my camera! I've put them in the order that they were played. They really were amazing! 24/02/2009 - Best Night EVER!

Human

Somebody Told Me

Mr.Brightside

All These Things That I've Done

When You Were Young
    (Yes, I got Brandon saying about taking the roof off!)

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe-Marie)
    Here are the videos that I took on my camera! I've put them in the order that they were played. They really were amazing! 24/02/2009 - Best Night EVER!

Human

Somebody Told Me

Mr.Brightside

All These Things That I've Done

When You Were Young
    (Yes, I got Brandon saying about blowing the roof off!)

Enjoy!
    AWESOME! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)

I haven't got the best seats I'm afraid, I'm way back. I'm not that fussed though, just can't wait!
    I'm sure the atmosphere will float up to where you're standing. Hehe. It did when I went to see Muse, and the people around me were miserable (why come? seriously!), but it still was such an amazing atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone heard the version of Starsailor's Tell Me Its Not Over with Brandon Flowers doing backing vocals?

It's here and it's amazing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy5WZXZ4qXs
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    Hey has anyone heard the version of Starsailor's Tell Me Its Not Over with Brandon Flowers doing backing vocals?

I'd never heard of Starsailor or that track but it's not bad.

PS @ all you lucky people who've recently been to see The Killers: I'm actually quite envious. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Saw the Killers last night at the LG arena in Birmingham.
    Was absolutley amazing!!!!!!!!!
    The atmosphere when they played When we were young at the end was awesome.
    And when they went off towards the end for a few minutes before returing the whole crowd started to sing ' I've got soul but i'm not a solider'
    was sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood. Also I was so glad they played Bling, Read my mind and This river is wild

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)

yup it's really good! i downloaded it from zshare link is on here http://www.thekillersfansite.com/
    there's also some great links to interviews if you've become slightly obsessed like me! :eek3:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.