Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im seeing them tomorow in cardifff - cant wait - ive fallen in love with their new album all of a sudden - havent got a clue what the words mean on half the songs but they sound awfully good if not a tad 80s gay camp pop.

Reckon they will play much of their old stuff aswell? Anybody who have seen them on this tour - views etc - what were the louis XIV support band like? ive never ever ever heard of them in all honesty

ReputationRep:
    Going to see them in Sheffield this Monday with a mate, well looking forward to seeing them! Hopefully will be a good night! Not seen them live before so again something new for me! Gonna try get a load of pics and some videos with my trusty camera.

Also gotta get as far to the front as possible, as I need to make the most of standing!:tongue:

Anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    Finally uploaded some of my videos from London 24th Still more to come though...

Sorry about the sound quality, my camera doesn't like big thumping sounds much and being close to the speakers and me jumping around does not go well together! Although I love my vid for Sam's Town, Brandon's face and the passion in his eyes... wow :love:

You'll also find vids from the Royal Albert Hall gig on my channel too!

Human opening
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeNYk...eature=channel

This Is Your Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVFvZ...e=channel_page

Read My Mind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p33O...e=channel_page

Sam's Town
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr7-k...eature=channel

This River Is Wild
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWKpuV5crE4

A Dustland Fairytale :love:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzlPqp_ujYI

Brandon talks (we didn't get the sex talk) and Joyride intro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZvrUjHvlIU

MORE VIDEOS TO COME...from my mobile

Have fun to all who are seeing them for the rest of the UK tour...you won't be disappointed! Look forward to hearing your stories and seeing your pictures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eulerwaswrong)
    Reckon they will play much of their old stuff aswell? Anybody who have seen them on this tour - views etc - what were the louis XIV support band like? ive never ever ever heard of them in all honesty
    Saw them last night, they did a really good mix of all three albums, and it all merged well, and I think they played all the singles... They were just amazing generally. And they played This River is Wild, which was amazing. And I was 1 person off the barrier, and in the middle, which is the best positioning I've ever had at a gig. :woo: So psyched for Nottingham!!! :woo:

And Louis XIV were ok, not astounding. The lead singer windmilled. :laughing: I would possibly suggest earplus as the singer has a really screechy voice which hurt my ears a bit. They were alright, weren't as repetitive as the Noisettes who supported Muse, though I think one of thier lyrics was 'feels like orange peel', which was very bizarre. :p:

ReputationRep:
    ABSOLUTELY ******* AMAZING - BEST GIG I HAVE EVER EVER EVER BEEN TO

OMFG - everything was just superb - absolutely everything. More in morning im partially pissed right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Whippy)
    Going to see them in Sheffield this Monday with a mate, well looking forward to seeing them! Hopefully will be a good night! Not seen them live before so again something new for me! Gonna try get a load of pics and some videos with my trusty camera.

Also gotta get as far to the front as possible, as I need to make the most of standing!:tongue:

Anyone else going?
    I'm going! Can't believe it's tomorrow!!!

I didn't manage to get standing tickets... I'm up at the back somewhere instead but I don't care... I'm just SO excited!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    heya
    finally someone uploaded the intro to joyride it's here if you want to see:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdr6rOnrPN4
    ahh i love his voice!

ReputationRep:
    Friday night was AMAZING!!

The stage, the lights, the songs, everything was perfection.

The songs they played:

Spaceman (They started with this, it got the crowd going, uh oh uh oh uh oh!)
    This Is Your Life
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Somebody Told Me
    For Reasons Unknown (Brandon got on the guitar)
    Bling
    Sweet Talk
    Neon Tiger
    This River Is Wild
    Enterlude
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Human
    Sam's Town (Acoustic) (Started with a short acoustic of Dustland, sooo good!)
    All These Things That I've Done (I've got soul but I'm not a soldier!)
    Mr.Brightside
    Read My Mind
    The World We Live In
    Bones
    Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
    When You Were Young (song of the night, everyone was singing along)

Such an amazing night can't wait to go again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    When You Were Young (song of the night, everyone was singing along)

Such an amazing night can't wait to go again.
    It wasn't for me, I got squished by 3 crowd surfers during it.

And it really was amazing. And I'm seeing them again tomorrow in my home city!!! Anyone else venturing to Nottingham?

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LozengeC)
    It wasn't for me, I got squished by 3 crowd surfers during it.

And it really was amazing. And I'm seeing them again tomorrow in my home city!!! Anyone else venturing to Nottingham?

x
    You're seeing them again!

I'm soo jealous, I tried to find some tickets for the M.E.N but no luck

Where were you in the LG?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    You're seeing them again!

I'm soo jealous, I tried to find some tickets for the M.E.N but no luck

Where were you in the LG?
    Yeah, the tickets were my birthday and Christmas presents though. :p:

And there was one person between me and the barrier, and I was in the middle. How was your view? Was it ok?

And sorry about the M.E.N, is that in Manchester? :p:

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LozengeC)
    Yeah, the tickets were my birthday and Christmas presents though. :p:

And there was one person between me and the barrier, and I was in the middle. How was your view? Was it ok?

And sorry about the M.E.N, is that in Manchester? :p:

x
    The seats were brilliant actually, I thought I had bad seats but no.

And I just bought 2 tickets to see them at the M.E.N! (yep it's in Manchester)

Really spur of the moment, I don't even know if I've done it properly.

Sooo happy!! I get to see them again

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield was absolutely amazing!

I was right near the front (around rows 3-5 and a bit more to the left) and got a load of nice piccies I need to sort out and also got seven full length videos I plan to put up, the quality is good, however it is juddery, but that's what happens when you stand. From a brief look I'm still very happy with them, and the best part is the sound quality is great. I got the following:

Human
    Somebody Told Me
    For Reasons Unknown
    Spaceman
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Read My Mind
    Mr Brightside (then my camera battery ran out, so I couldn't get All These Things I've Done which is a bit of a shame, but oh well)

Things went mental when they did Mr Brightside where I was, however while filming at the same time I managed to move up a few rows lol.

I'll put up the videas and hopefully compose a picture album soon, however it's late now since I just got back, and I'm all sweaty and tired.:tongue:

Hope everyone else who went enjoyed it!

The Killers = Amazing!

ReputationRep:
    They were INCREDIBLE last night in Sheffield!!
    I was the second row from the back so couldn't see much but still had the most amazing time!!

Can't wait to see your photos Mr Whippy!!

ReputationRep:
    Glad you had a great time!

As for the photos, I apologise for my slowness, it is going to take me a while to sort out the good from the bad (I have loads, many being very nice) to make a YouTube slideshow vid, not only that I've still got my Oasis Sheffield photos I took last year to do the same thing with.

However, to keep you going I'll put a few up that I have put on my PhotoBucket account just for now, it'll give you an idea of what I got.

Hope you like them!

As for the videos, I'm editing them for YouTube right now, I should hopefully be putting some up tonight and have them all up on YouTube to show in a few days, I'll post the links in this thread when I've managed to fully upload them (whether it being one at a time or more than one).

Enjoy the photos for now though. Might be a while yet but next time the Killers perform near to me whether it being Sheffield or somewhere else I am soooo going again! One of my all time favourite bands for sure now!

ReputationRep:
    The Killers and Oasis headlining V!

Must...get....tickets........... .. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Whippy)
    The Killers = Amazing!
    :yep: great pics btw love the one with dave.

I want to see them again!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    The Killers and Oasis headlining V!

Must...get....tickets........... .. :ninja:
    I so badly want to go to that or if they do Reading/Leeds... BUT I will have moved thousands of miles away to China by then...I don't want to moveeee *cries*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noblesagi)
    :yep: great pics btw love the one with dave.

I want to see them again!!
    Thanks! Glad you like them!

I've just managed to upload the first Killers live video of mine to YouTube. It is the performing of the opener that night Human, this song has just grown on me so much, really glad I videod it. For best results watch in high quality.

Human (Full length)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iu8J...e=channel_page

Anyway, enjoy!

I should hopefully be able to get the other six songs up tomorrow, in which I'll update the thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure their american shows were amazing, but the general consensus is that the British shows have been much better due to bigger stages and arena's, british crowd are more awesome than the americans, and the fact that the Killers love us more! :love:

And omg, I heard about this, but just found the video! Watch this...it is hilarious...brandon's face, I would have completely freaked out!! And the security, seriously, what on earth was going on?! Love Brandon's sarcastic comments to them! You'll understand my comments once you watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5--...e=channel_page

Then watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7vF...eature=related

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.