Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have tickets to Hard Rock :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Brandon collaborating with Kanye West and Jared Leto? http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/

ReputationRep:
    The question must be asked why Kanye was working with that tool in the first place (30STM are utter tripe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    The question must be asked why Kanye was working with that tool in the first place (30STM are utter tripe)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Tickets to hard rock calling

ReputationRep:
    About this covers album they're currently recording (apparently) when should we expect to see it anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    About this covers album they're currently recording (apparently) when should we expect to see it anyone know?
    :zomg:

What is this and why have I not heard about it?

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

...In answer to your question - I have no idea! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    :zomg:

What is this and why have I not heard about it?

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

...In answer to your question - I have no idea! :o:
    lol look at killer's wikipedia page :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently later in the year but it hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

It's not a proper album; one for the fans (like Sawdust).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Apparently later in the year but it hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

It's not a proper album; one for the fans (like Sawdust).
    Yeah was expecting like that, that's good, looking forward to it! Wanting new material as i have decided Day & Age is their weakest attempt so far. Human, Dustland Fairytale, Spaceman, Tidal Wave are notable exceptions which are all outstanding but too many tracks aren't good enough to previous standards set (whilst being quite good) in HF and ST i think which is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah was expecting like that, that's good, looking forward to it! Wanting new material as i have decided Day & Age is their weakest attempt so far. Human, Dustland Fairytale, Spaceman, Tidal Wave are notable exceptions which are all outstanding but too many tracks aren't good enough to previous standards set (whilst being quite good) in HF and ST i think which is a shame.
    I love the album but yes, Hot Fuss and Sam's Town are slightly better.

A Dustland Fairytale and The World We Live In were confirmed as the next singles a while ago. Thank God Dustland is being released, I think that will be popular. Bit surprised that The World We Live In is being released over two or three of the other songs on the album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)

A Dustland Fairytale and The World We Live In were confirmed as the next singles a while ago. Thank God Dustland is being released, I think that will be popular. Bit surprised that The World We Live In is being released over two or three of the other songs on the album.
    That's great news about Dustland Fairytale, a beautiful song which needs to be a single. TWWLI is a weirds choice though, that just will completely flop as a single, not single material at all!

ReputationRep:
    That's great news about Dustland Fairytale, a beautiful song which needs to be a single. TWWLI is a weirds choice though, that just will completely flop as a single, not single material at all!
    I love the song, especially the lyrics.

But yeah as a single it doesn't work imo.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Initially I thought similarly about Day & Age but it grew on me over time. Joy Ride and I Can't Stay are a bit weak though in my opinion. But (apart from the ones you've already mentioned) I really like Losing Touch, The World We Live In and A Crippling Blow. I don't have Tidal Wave as I bought the physical release. Guess it'll be on the next compilation album.

(Original post by T kay)
    I would say Day & Age is a bit different rather than a bit worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Initially I thought similarly about Day & Age but it grew on me over time. Joy Ride and I Can't Stay are a bit weak though in my opinion. But (apart from the ones you've already mentioned) I really like Losing Touch, The World We Live In and A Crippling Blow. I don't have Tidal Wave as I bought the physical release. Guess it'll be on the next compilation album.

I would say Day & Age is a bit different rather than a bit worse.
    On the contrary i know The Killers albums are growers, and i have listened to the album loads of times. It's a good album but not to the standards of HF and ST, imo

ReputationRep:
    I personally think Hot Fuss is the best Killers album but Day And Age and Sam's Town are on a par with each other.

ReputationRep:
    Just to bump this back up, i just purchased 2 tickets to see them at Hard Rock Calling Cannot wait!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posted here in a while, thought I'd post a link of a new killers song.

It's from their cover album which will be released sometime in the future. It's Four Winds, a cover of the Bright Eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6_COroeLY

I love it!

I downloaded it a while ago so if anyone wants the link let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)

It's from their cover album which will be released sometime in the future. It's Four Winds, a cover of the Bright Eyes.

I love it!

:coma:

Anyone know what else is being chucked on this covers album?

And can you PM the link? :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)

I love it!

Ooh :eek: Can you send me it please? Also is this the only cover that's out/leaked?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.