Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For Ben and Pinkpenguin:

http://www.zshare.net/download/59393600c0373968/

Yep it's the only cover out yet. It was the B-Side on the Spaceman single in Germany so it's been out there for a while. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier

ReputationRep:
    Amazing don't you think?

A new sound, a little bit like the Pet Shop Boys imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    For Ben and Pinkpenguin:

http://www.zshare.net/download/59393600c0373968/

Yep it's the only cover out yet. It was the B-Side on the Spaceman single in Germany so it's been out there for a while. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier
    :adore:

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks T kay

I've been listening to it a few times (6 to be exact) and it just isn't doing much for me It's quite good, but it's nothing compared to any other Killers song really, i'm left disappointed Maybe it's just a poor choice of cover more than anything, it would be a shame if i'm of the same opinion of their covers album as i hoped Day & Age might just be a small blip!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Thanks T kay

I've been listening to it a few times (6 to be exact) and it just isn't doing much for me It's quite good, but it's nothing compared to any other Killers song really, i'm left disappointed Maybe it's just a poor choice of cover more than anything, it would be a shame if i'm of the same opinion of their covers album as i hoped Day & Age might just be a small blip!
    Well Day and Age is different rather than a small blip imo, it's more playful than Sam's Town and even Hot Fuss. I love the album, still listening to it everyday, literally!

And I love Four Winds, maybe giving it a few more listens will make you like it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    :adore:

Thank you!
    And now for the bad news...

There's definitely been conflict in the band but just how much no one knows. Some reports have even said that they might split :eek: :eek: :eek:

But thankfully Brandon denied this, I think it's just that they've been with each other so much they're a little bit sick of each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Well Day and Age is different rather than a small blip imo, it's more playful than Sam's Town and even Hot Fuss. I love the album, still listening to it everyday, literally!

And I love Four Winds, maybe giving it a few more listens will make you like it?
    I dunno, i don't have the time to listen to the same album over and over now, as the sheer amount of new music i'm listening to atm stops this from happening to all but the best albums which only then can get 3 full plays (Feeder, Air, Moby are 3 of the few here). But i don't know, some of the tracks on the album were awesome, some were distinctively average for them. And Four Winds, listening to it again this morning does 2 things for me: Think it's awful and to switch songs and then to think it's actually quite good. I don't like how the way the song actually goes i think, which is i guess the fault of the choosing of the cover more than anything! So still looking eagerly forward tot he album and also to what they are covering!

They won't split, well they had better not! Yep they have been together for a while, and add to making another album from it too, which means they probably are getting tired of each other's company!

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to like every song the Killers have ever done :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    You do! :ninja2:

I'm joking of course. You clearly don't. I just happen to! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    You do! :ninja2:

I'm joking of course. You clearly don't. I just happen to! :o:
    As do i really! Sawdust, Sam's Town and Hot Fuss were immaculate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    I love every single one! I even have their demos :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I love every single one! I even have their demos :yes:
    Their demos are quality, Replacable and Desperate are both great songs which are very unlucky not to have found their way on to Sawdust!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Their demos are quality, Replacable and Desperate are both great songs which are very unlucky not to have found their way on to Sawdust!
    :yes:

Oh Yeah By the Way, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Get Trashed, Waiting for Love too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    :yes:

Oh Yeah By the Way, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Get Trashed, Waiting for Love too.
    I must download them, i don't think i've listened to a couple of them. Think i listened to Get Trashed, that was slightly weird if i remember rightly!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has to hear this, live performance of A Dustland Fairytale with a full ochestra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNFs9...eature=related

It's awesome! The ochestra and Dave's closing riff especially. Brandon's got a new jacket too

And here's the official video to This Is The World We Live In, the quality is quite poor because it looks like it's been recorded from a phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-u-N...eature=related

Enjoy
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by T kay)
    Everyone has to hear this, live performance of A Dustland Fairytale with a full ochestra!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNFs9...eature=related

It's awesome!
    I agree, I didn't really get the hype over A Dustland Fairytale but watching it performed like that. :coma:

(Original post by T kay)
    And here's the official video to This Is The World We Live In, the quality is quite poor because it looks like it's been recorded from a phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-u-N...eature=related
    Thanks, it's still good though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If anyone would like the Dustland Fairytale with the ochestra I can send you it.

And btw, the killers will be performing on jonathan ross on the 29th of this month. I'm not sure what song they'll do but I'd say it's likely to be 'The World We Live In' as that is being released first.

Shame really, would love to hear Dustland with the ochestra...

ReputationRep:
    lol T kay I was just about to post the jonathan ross thing!

I quite like the world we live in, it's grown on me though maybe coz it's played on the radio a lot.

David Letterman joins them after their performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WKCK6grkSI

ReputationRep:
    I love the four winds cover! People are down on it saying that the Killers version lacks emotion and is 2 dancey, but when someone covers a song the end product is their interpretation, it's not supposed to sound identical to the original!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch Brandon on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, last night? Very cool interview and the songs for the closing of the show were amazing. So upset BBC tailed the mini-concert off...

Hard Rock Calling '09!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.