Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I'm fine thanks. I've been tweaking my CV too since I'm on the look out for a job, it's really hard to get one at the moment.

I had tickets to go to Hard Rock but couldn't in the end because my mate pulled out last minute to have an operation and I couldn't find anyone else to go with

Did you see them at T in the Park on BBC3 last week? They were amazing. That's the one festival I really really want to go to.
    Oh you should have come anyway, there were loads of people outside who were looking for tickets. I went to Hard Rock and it was awesome. Much better than T in the Park as it took them a lot longer to warm up there, it wasn't till Spaceman that they were seriously rocking, whereas at Hard Rock they took it to another level from the word go. Was right at front, it was hell standing there all day but so worth it.

But the two nights at RAH were just out of this world. Seriously! Especially the second night! Cannot wait for it to come out on DVD!

Anyone going to V? I would like to but haven't got a ticket yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    Oh you should have come anyway, there were loads of people outside who were looking for tickets. I went to Hard Rock and it was awesome. Much better than T in the Park as it took them a lot longer to warm up there, it wasn't till Spaceman that they were seriously rocking, whereas at Hard Rock they took it to another level from the word go. Was right at front, it was hell standing there all day but so worth it.

But the two nights at RAH were just out of this world. Seriously! Especially the second night! Cannot wait for it to come out on DVD!

Anyone going to V? I would like to but haven't got a ticket yet!
    I liked their performance from the very first song to be honest.

I'm thinking of going to the V festival. It's their last stop in England so should really go...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.apple.com/uk/logicstudio/artist-sessions/

Brilliant. With the new Logic Pro i can see how Spaceman was made, layer by layer. ******* ace Can't wait to get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I liked their performance from the very first song to be honest.

I'm thinking of going to the V festival. It's their last stop in England so should really go...
    The performance at T was good, but definitely not their best.

Have seen that article ages ago, can't say it made much sense to me but there you have it. If you guys want, I can paste the latest stuff as it comes up

ReputationRep:
    Cover of Hotel California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmoi2masHLk

Not sure what I think about this one.

ReputationRep:
    I've had that cover for a few weeks now. I quite like it, but like the Four Winds cover more.

Here's the link if anyone would like to download it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?eljz5z1jwk2
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mickie112)
    Cover of Hotel California: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmoi2masHLk

Not sure what I think about this one.
    Ugh, no, just no. Vocals are OK I suppose but the least said about the rest the better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i like the vocals but it's a strange take on what is a brilliant song, must be added that i'm a great fan of the original too. But the spanish feel behind it just doesn't work. Worried for the album.

ReputationRep:
    I like Brandon's part but not Rhythm del Mundo's spanish feel. It's for charity so hope it does well!

A Dustland Fairytale is the 4th Single by the way and it was released yesterday. You can get the single off iTunes or buy the vinyl from HMV etc.

Also, Brandon and his wife have welcomed the arrival of their second baby son...Gunner Flowers

ReputationRep:
    I like Brandon's part but not Rhythm del Mundo's spanish feel. It's for charity so hope it does well!

A Dustland Fairytale is the 4th Single by the way and it was released yesterday. You can get the single off iTunes or buy the vinyl from HMV etc.

Also, Brandon and his wife have welcomed the arrival of their second baby son...Gunner Flowers
    :lolwut:

American name I guess... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    :lolwut:

American name I guess... :rolleyes:
    Well Brandon is in a band called The Killers...now he has a GUN(ner) and AMMO(n) :p:

I like Ammon for the first little flower, but Gunner for the second baby...too weird! I could understand if they were scandinavian and chose Gunnar!

Why do celebs give their kids such funky names!

ReputationRep:
    I come bearing lots of great news - well you probably know already, but for those who don't!

Oct 9th - The Killers recent show, or a few songs, in San Diego will be shown on Yahoo Live!

Oct 10th - The boys recorded back in August for the new season of Live From Abbey Road Sessions and will be on Channel 4 I think!

Oct 20th - The Killers recorded a new song called "A White Demon Love Song" for the New Moon soundtrack! Can't wait to hear it!

November 9th - The Killers Live From The Royal Albert Hall dvd will be out in the UK! YAY!

I got interviewed for the DVD but I hope they don't use my interview!! They'll have bonus live songs from V Fest, Oxygen and Hyde Park (yay I went to this, kicked ass over all the other TK UK headline fests this year, even T)

ReputationRep:
    I come bearing lots of great news - well you probably know already, but for those who don't!

Oct 9th - The Killers recent show, or a few songs, in San Diego will be shown on Yahoo Live!

Oct 10th - The boys recorded back in August for the new season of Live From Abbey Road Sessions and will be on Channel 4 I think!

Oct 20th - The Killers recorded a new song called "A White Demon Love Song" for the New Moon soundtrack! Can't wait to hear it!

November 9th - The Killers Live From The Royal Albert Hall dvd will be out in the UK! YAY!

I got interviewed for the DVD but I hope they don't use my interview!! They'll have bonus live songs from V Fest, Oxygen and Hyde Park (yay I went to this, kicked ass over all the other TK UK headline fests this year, even T)
    I'm looking forward to the soundtrack. Muse and Radiohead are also on it.

And you never told us you got interviewed :eek: You lucky girl!

And BTW, can I join the soc? I can't believe I'm not a member yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I'm looking forward to the soundtrack. Muse and Radiohead are also on it.

And you never told us you got interviewed :eek: You lucky girl!

And BTW, can I join the soc? I can't believe I'm not a member yet...
    Given the name of the song, I just wonder what the song sounds like lol!

Didn't I? Oh :p: They have bonus footage on the dvd of backstage stuff like crew member interviews and fan interviews too. And I was interviewed right after the show so was dripping with sweat and screaming like a banshee in happiness, so I really hope I'm not in it because I don't want to be THAT girl if you get what I mean lol. If I was interviewed before it, I'd have been okay with that!

Oh and re. becoming a member, isn't that just participating in the thread lol or am I missing something about societies on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Given the name of the song, I just wonder what the song sounds like lol!

Didn't I? Oh :p: They have bonus footage on the dvd of backstage stuff like crew member interviews and fan interviews too. And I was interviewed right after the show so was dripping with sweat and screaming like a banshee in happiness, so I really hope I'm not in it because I don't want to be THAT girl if you get what I mean lol. If I was interviewed before it, I'd have been okay with that!

Oh and re. becoming a member, isn't that just participating in the thread lol or am I missing something about societies on TSR?
    I think you are! I'll find the society page and send you a request to accept

ReputationRep:
    For all Killers fans, heres someone who knows what hes talking about and I think its great that he holds The Killers in such high regard, please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJ2mGPLEV8

ReputationRep:
    Is there a button or something to join? Or do you just post? I am new to these climes! I would love to join.
    Favourite Killers song (for want of anything to say): Bones

ReputationRep:

Why do celebs give their kids such funky names!

It's only the very rich and very poor who choose such extraordinary names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    For all Killers fans, heres someone who knows what hes talking about and I think its great that he holds The Killers in such high regard, please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJ2mGPLEV8
    that made me smile

ooh the teaser for the dvd was uploaded on the killers facebook page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIZV3...layer_embedded

ReputationRep:
    New Killers song which is being used in those silly Twilight films. Bit of a slow one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.