Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (",))

did anyone see them on jools holland?
    aaah cant wait till 24th!!!
    I did! They were suuuuper!

ReputationRep:
    I got Day and Age yesterday!

Its not bad as such it just might take a while to get into it.

The first 3 tracks were really promising, it just tailed off a bit towards the end.

Ah well, i'll stick it on my iPod and im sure ill learn to love it! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big big Killers fan, Day and Age is absolutely brilliant!!

How do I join the soc?

ReputationRep:
    Astonishing new album, only just arrived today. Album of the year. I've only listened to it once. Previous albums have had to grow but it's easier this time to appreciate their music as they have added new instruments, experimented more. Joy Ride is my favourite off first listen but they are all sounding bloody brilliant. Really i am so glad i waited for this album (CD to arrive) because this has to be album of the year. Beats Chinese Democracy by a mile and that was one hell of an album. And goodness i haven't let them grow on me yet with only 1 listn of the album yet i'm saying this! I hated Sam's Town first listen and it's one of my fave albums ever now. If this album grows like Sam's Town i'm in for one hell of a treat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Astonishing new album, only just arrived today. Album of the year. I've only listened to it once. Previous albums have had to grow but it's easier this time to appreciate their music as they have added new instruments, experimented more. Joy Ride is my favourite off first listen but they are all sounding bloody brilliant. Really i am so glad i waited for this album (CD to arrive) because this has to be album of the year. Beats Chinese Democracy by a mile and that was one hell of an album.
    I knew you would like it :yep:

They've experimented a lot more here, it's different to both the previous albums imo. Joy Ride and I Can't stay for example, they haven't had songs that sound like them before. Every song is brilliant!

10/10 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    I knew you would like it :yep:

They've experimented a lot more here, it's different to both the previous albums imo. Joy Ride and I Can't stay for example, they haven't had songs that sound like them before. Every song is brilliant!

10/10 :yep:
    Exactly, it's another reason why i see them as the best of the decade. Not many experiment as much as The Killers (Muse being one exception, and they're my 2nd fave of the decade), but they still bring out cracking cracking music with this experimental sound. Amazing. I'm not seeing how people can see this as a bad album, and looking at reviews around the web i'm seeing many positives and negatives. I'm sure it will be like Sam's Town. People will grow to like it. This time i was open for their new sound, last time i was expecting a new Hot Fuss hence why i didn't like it firstly i'd imagine. When people realise that The Killers don't make Sam's Town or Hot Fuss Part 2, this will be rated incredibly highly as an album. Where did the African chanting and Sax come from?!! It all fits in so so well. With just 2 studio albums before hand i wasn't sure what to think as a band, but with 3 (what now seems to be) brilliant albums, The Killers can now be seen as what they deserve to be and that is at least one of the best bands of the decade, and imo the best.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, it's another reason why i see them as the best of the decade. Not many experiment as much as The Killers (Muse being one exception, and they're my 2nd fave of the decade), but they still bring out cracking cracking music with this experimental sound. Amazing. I'm not seeing how people can see this as a bad album, and looking at reviews around the web i'm seeing many positives and negatives. I'm sure it will be like Sam's Town. People will grow to like it. This time i was open for their new sound, last time i was expecting a new Hot Fuss hence why i didn't like it firstly i'd imagine. When people realise that The Killers don't make Sam's Town or Hot Fuss Part 2, this will be rated incredibly highly as an album. Where did the African chanting and Sax come from?!! It all fits in so so well. With just 2 studio albums before hand i wasn't sure what to think as a band, but with 3 (what now seems to be) brilliant albums, The Killers can now be seen as what they deserve to be and that is at least one of the best bands of the decade, and imo the best.
    Yep band of the decade and this is the album of the year imo :yep:

A new sound and a great album where all the songs are brilliant! I felt Joy Ride and I Can't Stay had a very joyful Carribean ring to it imo, and they've used the sax, steel drums, harp; a brilliant album. What a way to end the album with Goodnight Travel Well, very eerie at the beginning and rousing from the middle. A top album!

I've seen mixed reviews so far, mainly of the killers 'not knowing who they are' because they don't fix to one style, but that is exactly who they are!! Pushing the limits, trying out new stuff and seeing how good they can be! And that's very very very good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join! I love the Killers
    Day & Age hasn't come from Amazon yet though, very sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    I wanna join! I love the Killers
    Day & Age hasn't come from Amazon yet though, very sad
    Gutted. Did you pre order, and when did it dispatch? Mine dispatched on Friday to come only today with Super Saver delivery.

ReputationRep:
    The Killers are amazing! I love Day & Age, but admittedly Human has got a bit overkill for me. I'll need to spend some time NOT listening to it before I can appreciate it again!

ReputationRep:
    Gutted. Did you pre order, and when did it dispatch? Mine dispatched on Friday to come only today with Super Saver delivery.
    Same! Hopefully tomorrow.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When I went to buy Day And Age in Zavvi yesterday in central london, there were ONLY 3 left! This album is going to number one for sure!

I love all the songs, my faves are between A dustland fairytale, Spaceman and Human! I loveeeeeeee Goodnight, Travel Well! The song is just eerie and epic, very emotional as well, love the whole build up. Tis sad knowing the story behind it

I love I Can't Stay and The World We Live In!

This album is just brilliant! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    When I went to buy Day And Age in Zavvi yesterday in central london, there were ONLY 3 left! This album is going to number one for sure!

I love all the songs, my faves are between A dustland fairytale, Spaceman and Human! I loveeeeeeee Goodnight, Travel Well! The song is just eerie and epic, very emotional as well, love the whole build up. Tis sad knowing the story behind it

I love I Can't Stay and The World We Live In!

This album is just brilliant! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    Let's hope it gets number one. All the songs are brilliant :yep: Spaceman, A Dustland Fairytale, Losing Touch, Neon Tiger.
    Joy Ride and I Can't Stay are testaments to how they can change so much and still be so great, the closing song Goodnight Travel Well!! Wow :yep: The whole album is brilliant (I've said that so many times today!)

How do I join the soc? I didn't know there was one till this morning :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Album finally came today, listening now...
    So far think it is great, loads of reviews have criticised Joyride but I think its fantastic!
    Losing Touch is also good but does anyone prefer the live version of it to the album version?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    Album finally came today, listening now...
    So far think it is great, loads of reviews have criticised Joyride but I think its fantastic!
    Losing Touch is also good but does anyone prefer the live version of it to the album version?
    I think Joyride is great too. Superb album, played it 4 times through now, and i think it's stunning. Everything is growing on me so well and there's not one track i don't like now. Losing Touch and Goodnight, Travel Well i wasn't sure on at first and for a few listens but both are growing on me. Great album. Easily album of the year. And that's saying something.

ReputationRep:
    had to wait till today to get day & age, no time to go into town before now
    but sooo worth the wait

ReputationRep:
    I looooooooove the killers, perhaps a bit too much...if that is possible and I want in on this Soc.
    But, the new album, um, I'm just hoping it'll grow on me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes yes I want in on The Killers' society :o:o

Here's a review of the album I did at 2:30 am in another thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=733833

If that's not dedication I don't know what is :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know who Jenny (of 'Jenny was a friend of mine' and 'Leave the Bourbon on the shelf' plus other songs) was/is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Does anyone know who Jenny (of 'Jenny was a friend of mine' and 'Leave the Bourbon on the shelf' plus other songs) was/is?
    It was part of the 'Murder Trilogy', which is based on a fictional story about a guy who murders his girlfriend. The three songs are Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf, Midnight Show and Jenny. They were released in reverse order though, so the 2nd and 3rd songs of the trilogy; Midnight Show and Jenny were released first in their debut album and the first song of the trilogy (Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf) was released last in Sawdust.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.