Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I saw this guy reading a magazine that had Brandon on the front cover on the train on Thursday, and I just had to ask him could I have it lol, and he gave it to me

ReputationRep:
    lol what magazine was it? what was he wearing?!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Great society lol may I join? The Killers are fantasic, my favourates are Mr Brightside, When you were young- my bf and I's song, romeo and juliet- one of the best covers I have heard and I also adore Human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (",))
    lol what magazine was it? what was he wearing?!!!!
    Shortlist He's got a black shirt on with red border lines. He looks SOOOOOOOOOO UNBELIEVABLY HOT! I think it's a guys mag!

And onto more good news...
    Day And Age is NUMBER ONEEEEEEEEEEEE! YAY!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! So deserved!

I read an interview with Flowers earlier in the week and he says he wants to make the Killers the no. 1 rock band in the world, toppling U2. I thought that was really cool - nice to see so much motivation from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    Shortlist He's got a black shirt on with red border lines. He looks SOOOOOOOOOO UNBELIEVABLY HOT! I think it's a guys mag!

And onto more good news...
    Day And Age is NUMBER ONEEEEEEEEEEEE! YAY!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    There was so much competition too!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nigel_s)
    Awesome! So deserved!

I read an interview with Flowers earlier in the week and he says he wants to make the Killers the no. 1 rock band in the world, toppling U2. I thought that was really cool - nice to see so much motivation from him.
    I hope/expect to see more guitar work in the next albums then if they want to be seen as one of the best rock bands. Glad it's got to number one beating very stiff competition from Kanye and GnR. It is very deserved though, glad it's got to number one and still love them but as said some guitar work in up and coming albums would be really cool and it's one small thing lacking from Day & Age if anything because it's album of the year imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    It was part of the 'Murder Trilogy', which is based on a fictional story about a guy who murders his girlfriend. The three songs are Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf, Midnight Show and Jenny. They were released in reverse order though, so the 2nd and 3rd songs of the trilogy; Midnight Show and Jenny were released first in their debut album and the first song of the trilogy (Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf) was released last in Sawdust.
    Thank you, I thought there might be something behind it!

ReputationRep:
    woop woop! =D

ReputationRep:
    the killers christmas song ft elton john and neil tennant of pet shop boys
    http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&fg=c...2-f2050a774a8a

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic. Elton sounds amazing as ever, I think he really shines in collaborations. Brandon sounds great too. In fact, so does Neil. Their three voices are very distinct but work pretty well together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (",))
    the killers christmas song ft elton john and neil tennant of pet shop boys
    http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&fg=c...2-f2050a774a8a
    My browser doesn't work for that video being on a mac Looked on youtube and i can't find,it, where do i look??? really wanna listen!

ReputationRep:
    Here it is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ShyKjUq8B_w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nigel_s)
    Here it is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ShyKjUq8B_w
    Thanks. Listening to A Great Big Sled whilst i wait. Oooh thanks very much for the link

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard Tidal Wave, it was a bonus track on Day & Age in the itunes American store. What a beautiful song, i love it, gives me goosebumps, one of the prettiest songs The Killers have done, i love it!

ReputationRep:
    i just heard joseph, better you than me
    love it
    but still doesn't top great big sled or don't shoot me santa
    best.christmas.songs.EVER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Anyone heard Tidal Wave, it was a bonus track on Day & Age in the itunes American store. What a beautiful song, i love it, gives me goosebumps, one of the prettiest songs The Killers have done, i love it!
    :yep: great song, lyrics are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    i just heard joseph, better you than me
    love it
    but still doesn't top great big sled or don't shoot me santa
    best.christmas.songs.EVER
    :yep:

This will getting some use to but still a great song!

ReputationRep:
    I love Joseph, Better you than me. I think it's a grower. We'll have to see whether it can top my christmas songs list. Fairytale of New York will take some beating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    It's a fantastic song, A Dustland Fairytale just pips it for me though. IT seems to be almost 'forgotten' at the moment though. Most of the people I know who are big fans of The Killers have barely heard it :confused: unfortunately for them...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.