Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Same same. Really good up & coming band Red Light Company were playing at Plymouth a few months back, but because none of my friends had heard of them, none wanted to go. Sucks

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on my own this time, went to RAH with a friend but she can't go this time! But my friends say some of the best gig experiences they have ever had is on their own, you meet lots of new people!

I'd rather go on my own then not at all, especially seeing as I got the most amazing seat for normal price off a friend who can't make it! I so badly want to hear Dustland Fairytale live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    I'm going on my own this time, went to RAH with a friend but she can't go this time! But my friends say some of the best gig experiences they have ever had is on their own, you meet lots of new people!

I'd rather go on my own then not at all, especially seeing as I got the most amazing seat for normal price off a friend who can't make it! I so badly want to hear Dustland Fairytale live!
    Really? How would that work? Still would think embarrassed or something on my own :o: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Really? How would that work? Still would think embarrassed or something on my own :o: lol
    LOL I agree with the embarassment factor but I'm quite a social person and easily talk to people! And I don't know exactly how, but I'm guessing they take in the music more! During the amazing RAH gig, I spent a lot of time chatting about the little bits to my friend lol, wish I hadn't now! :p:

Anyhow I'm going for the awesome music man, and Brandon :love:

ReputationRep:
    Was listening to Hot Fuss earlier today, what an album, it is the best album of the decade without a doubt i think. (With Mr Brightside being the best song). Day & Age is probably their weakest i think (I love Spaceman, Human, Dustland Fairytale and Tidal Wave) but is still is one of the best of the decade and Sam's Town i rate on almost the same footing as Hot Fuss soo Lyrically and musically awesome band, love them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    Was listening to Hot Fuss earlier today, what an album, it is the best album of the decade without a doubt i think. (With Mr Brightside being the best song). Day & Age is probably their weakest i think (I love Spaceman, Human, Dustland Fairytale and Tidal Wave) but is still is one of the best of the decade and Sam's Town i rate on almost the same footing as Hot Fuss soo Lyrically and musically awesome band, love them!
    :yep: I've been listening to it the past few days whilst revising for the exams, what an album. Maginally their best ever probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    :yep: I've been listening to it the past few days whilst revising for the exams, what an album. Maginally their best ever probably.
    Yeah same! It's a really good album, but Sam's Town just pips it I think. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Plus, my Killers tickets just arrived
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    Yeah same! It's a really good album, but Sam's Town just pips it I think. :yep:
    Personally I feel that Sam's Town is the best overall album, but Hot Fuss and Day & Age have the more stand-out individual tracks.

ReputationRep:
    I can see what people see in seeing Sam's Town as their best overall as there was no tracks that weren't on the same level as the others tracks (Uncle Johnny maybe one exception though but is still a great track). Hot Fuss had so many anthems like Brightside, All These Things, Somebody Told Me, Glam Indie Rock and Roll for example so that is why it's my favourite i think

ReputationRep:
    Personally I find Mr Brightside one of the most overated (and dare I say it, boring) Killers tracks (Both lyrically and musically - the guitar part is nothing special at all) and this is coming from a huge Killers fan :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    Plus, my Killers tickets just arrived
    Mine still haven't come, I'm starting to get worried. Did you use ticketmaster?

ReputationRep:
    The album still hasn't grown on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Mine still haven't come, I'm starting to get worried. Did you use ticketmaster?
    Gigs and Tours for me, though my sister used Ticketmaster (seated). Hers have come though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kt.b)
    Gigs and Tours for me, though my sister used Ticketmaster (seated). Hers have come though...
    I think I'll call them up, and demand my tickets be delivered!

ReputationRep:
    My ticket hasn't arrived from Seetickets yet either. I checked track, they said they'll start dispatching on 3rd of Feb or something and aim to have all out by 17th. This is for the London dates.

ReputationRep:
    My tickets arrived today! Woop Woop 39 days to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss-Brightside*)
    My tickets arrived today! Woop Woop 39 days to go!
    It's going to be fantastic!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nigel_s)
    Same same. Really good up & coming band Red Light Company were playing at Plymouth a few months back, but because none of my friends had heard of them, none wanted to go. Sucks
    I heard their song 'Scheme Eugene' on NME the other day, loved it! I really want to see Boys Like Girls live, they're so awesome :yep:

(Original post by Kt.b)
    It's going to be fantastic!!!!
    :yep: I can't wait. But it's soooooo hard trying to avoid youtube videos, set lists and reviews from the Day And Age tour now that it kicked off yesterday! I want to hear everything from a fresh perspective and not ruin it for myself so I can be surprised, but temptation always gets the better of me!

ReputationRep:
    Bad news: Exams didn't go so well.

Good news: My tickets have finally come!!

Just over a month away. Going to have to buy the rail tickets now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.