The Student Room Group

Am I Being Groomed

Hello, for your knowledge before I begin: I am 13 years old (just turned), the person I suspect to be attempting to groom me is 60 something years old, he is a relative of mine, it is no secret in my family that me and my siblings do not get along with my parents, I haven't seen him since I was around the age of 4-7 (somewhere around there), most of my family is openly in the LGBT community, I am FTM, and I had already known a lot of tell-tale signs of grooming before this occurred. Okay, so recently I went to my older sister's graduation party. There I met up with some of my relatives which I haven't spoken to for a long time (my mom cut ties with them). Most of the party I was sitting at a bench with my sister alone, but the times I was alone-alone (no sister) my great uncle talked to me. At first it seemed fine. But he kept saying/asking things that weren't exactly normal to me. For example:
I don't think you finished your post, but I suggest if you believe anyone in your family of that age is acting in a way you deem suspicious you should talk to an immediate family member you trust about it.
Original post by KOSIE
Hello, for your knowledge before I begin: I am 13 years old (just turned), the person I suspect to be attempting to groom me is 60 something years old, he is a relative of mine, it is no secret in my family that me and my siblings do not get along with my parents, I haven't seen him since I was around the age of 4-7 (somewhere around there), most of my family is openly in the LGBT community, I am FTM, and I had already known a lot of tell-tale signs of grooming before this occurred. Okay, so recently I went to my older sister's graduation party. There I met up with some of my relatives which I haven't spoken to for a long time (my mom cut ties with them). Most of the party I was sitting at a bench with my sister alone, but the times I was alone-alone (no sister) my great uncle talked to me. At first it seemed fine. But he kept saying/asking things that weren't exactly normal to me. For example:

It cuts off at for example...

Can't help if we don't understand the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest