Turn on thread page Beta

Men who can dance - do they turn you on??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I like dancing with my boyfriend but if for some reason he's on his own it's not that great..maybe he just looks like he's taking it too seriously, though I know he's not.
    I think it's fun to dance with someone but it's no fun watching, so that might be why watching someone isn't a turn on when actually dancing with them could be?

ReputationRep:
    Naah, a really good dancer would be more of a turn off for me. I'd prefer a guy who dances goofily and laughs at himself. I can't dance, and I'd be ashamed to be out and about constantly with someone who was really good at it!

ReputationRep:
    If you see a white guy on the dancefloor who can obviously dance well, and is busting out moves getting people to look at him, he is going to look gay as anything. A cool looking black guy can pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    Male ballet dancers are fit as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    If you see a white guy on the dancefloor who can obviously dance well, and is busting out moves getting people to look at him, he is going to look gay as anything. A cool looking black guy can pull it off.
    Is this the common view then? Isn't there something attractive about guys who know how to move on the dancefloor like justin timberlake and the guy from step up.

ReputationRep:
    its attractive if they can but id still find someone attractive if they couldnt!

ReputationRep:
    well if its like a sexy salsa dance or something thats impressive or mesmerising to watch then yeah its hot, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. If he's dancing like a **** and having a good laugh then he looks fun so thats also appealing.

ReputationRep:
    The robot is sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark_light)
    Is this the common view then? Isn't there something attractive about guys who know how to move on the dancefloor like justin timberlake and the guy from step up.
    Justin Timberlake is sexy because he's a famous artist and its his profession, if he was a student and he was out busting his moves in a club, whilst people would respect his dancing ability they would also think he was a poser and a bit of a ponce.

What are men supposed to do to be good dancers? I mean, to be seen as a 'good dancer' am I actually supposed to be performing moves from the latest Chris Brown video?

ReputationRep:
    I take on the approach of "Oh look, I'm on a dancefloor. Guess I better act like a ****, it's better than being one"

ReputationRep:
    No, but only because I'm an absolutely horrific dancer myself and if he could dance better than me it would be very depressing.

ReputationRep:
    Absolument, mon amie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsWpv...eature=related

Oh don't you go weak at the knees!

ReputationRep:
    Not attracted to guys who can dance, but I don't typically go to places where dancing is seen as appropriate or 'normal'.

Tbh, if he couldn't dance, I would probably find it endearing or an amusing quirk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddonnyy)
    not sure bout that but blacks and latinas definitely can

I love the sweeping generalisations and blanket stereotyping.

Wonderful.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest they make me feel a little suspicious. Don't exactly know why.

ReputationRep:
    Er, well - no, sort of, maybe?

What a difficult question for an ex-dancer.

I think I shall leave it at sometimes.

And to those that said they will never attempt to dance properly again, I thoroughly encourage to rethink that decision.

I absolutely hate, hate, hate it when guys make fun of the fact that they can't dance by exacerbating their lack of ability. It's neither funny, nor cute - especially upon first meeting.

ReputationRep:
    I do not think anyone in this country can dance! At least.. not in clubs..

What do you call dancing now anyway? You cannot salsa in a club.. you cannot waltz in a club.. you cannot find room to do Michael Jackson in a club.. I think it is just swaying a lot and moving your arms a bit..

I had one time.. i was dancing really well.. it was excellent! I never danced like that again.. maybe it was magic shoes..

ReputationRep:
    Ouch.

Whenever it comes to club, I try to make an effort and actually try dance to the beat even if I only know the same moves. Didn't realise that it makes the you seem way too serious (okay I lie), poserish and insert any other negative comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Sauce)
    I do not think anyone in this country can dance! At least.. not in clubs..

What do you call dancing now anyway? You cannot salsa in a club.. you cannot waltz in a club.. you cannot find room to do Michael Jackson in a club.. I think it is just swaying a lot and moving your arms a bit..

I had one time.. i was dancing really well.. it was excellent! I never danced like that again.. maybe it was magic shoes..
    Having danced both ballet and ballroom at a high level, let me assure you that this attitude of "is this what you call dancing" is not prevalent among dancers.

There is good dancing in a club: you cannot compare with a waltz, but then again, neither can you compare the paso doble and a waltz. It's just silly.

If I went to salsa club in Moscow (such exist), and started doing grande jetes people would think I am crazy. There is a time and place for everything.

On club dancing, there are people that look good dancing alone, there are people who, when you dance with, give you the chills. From a girl's perspective, guys who can do more than let you grind on them, but take you forcefully and 'lead' and have the ability to do so are good club dancers. I mean - there are amazing club dancers, I reference some group-dance Dirty Dancing scenes for that, but I digress.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.