Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I have not seen good club dancing.. I just see drunken stumbling.. and general club swaying.. not saying they are bad.. just I would not call it dance!

I always have seen dancing as something precise..choreographed.. like ballet..like ballroom.. I admire that.. it is an art..

ReputationRep:
    I quite like a man who can dance, although I wouldn't call it a turn on. I don't really care what style, as long as he moves well and has good rhythm. That said, I hate the kind of dancing you see on hip-hop/rap videos. I also don't like men who dance in a "hey girls, look at me" kind of way in clubs. It's so much sexier if they look like they are really absorbed in the music.

However, it is a bit of a turn off when men can't dance.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I can't dance for ****. But I still dance at every opportunity that I get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Sauce)
    Maybe I have not seen good club dancing.. I just see drunken stumbling.. and general club swaying.. not saying they are bad.. just I would not call it dance!

I always have seen dancing as something precise..choreographed.. like ballet..like ballroom.. I admire that.. it is an art..
    Good dancers can always dance sans choreography - and are able to be flexible in style as well.

Naturally, club dancing cannot be admired as ballet can be; I would not argue against that.

You probably have seen good club dancing...but have not realised it. :p: Something like this without the not-really-correct salsa pirouette. This sort of club dancing is divine...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm defo turned off by men who can't dance! Something I was glad to see the back of in my ex!

A man who can dance shows he is confident, sensual and is in touch with his body. Which means he is also more likely to be capable of getting in touch with mine.....

ReputationRep:
    I love Dirty Dancing and oddly find the Swayze attractive in that.

So, yeah, I guess they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddonnyy)
    not sure bout that but blacks and latinas definitely can
    Generalise much?

More videos of what consitutes good club dancing to help the inept please.

ReputationRep:
    i generally dance like this.

e: in all seriousness, recently i've enjoyed dancing more and more. i don't think i'm necessarily a good dancer, but then it largely depends on the kind of music that i'm listening to. i go to a lot of funk and soul nights and hip hop nights and raves and generally i find people don't really care how you look when you dance as long as you're having a good time. it's pretty important to maintain a regular sense of irony when dancing and not take yourself too seriously.

ee: although, i also go to dubstep and electronica nights sometimes and the guys who dance there are largely hippies who are really into it and they just look like they're doing contact juggling without the juggling.

ReputationRep:
    White men can't dance. Or was that jump. Hmmm...

(Original post by CHAMON)
    White men can't dance. Or was that jump. Hmmm...
    I can jump, I just can't ****ing dance.

"White men can't jump."

Tell that to Jonathan Edwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willenium)
    i generally dance like this.

Ahahahahaha ******* amazing lololol

(Original post by Lord Foul)
    I can't dance for ****. But I still dance at every opportunity that I get.
    :top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.