what is it like studying at Brighton as a disabled student?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm picking universities next year and I like the idea of Brighton, I've attended a few virtual open days and talks and it seems cool.

However, I'm autistic and have a psychiatric service dog and this will most likely effect my studying at some point and what I need for student accommodation. I've read the disabled student section on the Brighton website and it wasn't very helpful. I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on if it's a good choice for mentally disabled students?
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm picking universities next year and I like the idea of Brighton, I've attended a few virtual open days and talks and it seems cool.

However, I'm autistic and have a psychiatric service dog and this will most likely effect my studying at some point and what I need for student accommodation. I've read the disabled student section on the Brighton website and it wasn't very helpful. I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on if it's a good choice for mentally disabled students?
Hi

I'm sorry you didn't find the disability and wellbeing page of the website helpful for what you are looking for. However, our disability team will be more than happy to help answer any questions you have, please feel free to contact them directly on: [email protected] / 01273 643799

I hope this is helpful.

All the best with your studies!

Danielle & Bex - Brighton Uni Reps :nyan:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (2)