Turn on thread page Beta

What does your college need you to get to allow you in? watch

• View Poll Results: What does your college need you to get to allow you in? (Choose closest)
    10 A*s or More
    4.35%
    8-10 A*s
    0.54%
    8 As
    1.09%
    6As
    8.15%
    8Bs
    3.80%
    5Bs
    5.98%
    3Bs
    1.09%
    B or above in subjects you wish to take
    12.50%
    B or above in subjects you wish to take + English/maths
    11.96%
    5 Cs
    38.59%
    4Cs
    2.72%
    4Cs (Btec First counts)
    0.54%
    3Ds
    0.54%
    Mixture of C/Ds
    1.63%
    Lower
    0.54%
    Nothing
    5.98%

ReputationRep:
    haha well, my college now only requires 4 A-C, inc Cs in the subjects you want to take, and a D in maths. but they're pretty slack with it. you can get in without maths and just do a maths gcse type thing the first year and the grades are lower for btecs/diplomas. my cousin didn't get a single GCSE above a grade D, though got merit+distinctions in his business 1st btec, but was allowed to do an IT btec.

ReputationRep:
    5 grade C's.

ReputationRep:
    5Cs, with some restrictions for certain subjects e.g. in B in maths for maths, A in maths for FM, C in English/C in Maths for a lot of things.

ReputationRep:
    we had a point score system where each grade was worth a certain amount of points and we needed an average of 48 to get back in. A*=58 A=52 B= 46..etc.
    so it was like a high B overall. And then you needed to have a C in Maths and English and at least a B in the subject you wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    6Bs and preferably B-A* subjects you wanted to study at A-level. Though it wasn't really regarded for us as apparently everyone had met that for 10 years, it was more the people who applied for my college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theartyard)
    we had a point score system where each grade was worth a certain amount of points and we needed an average of 48 to get back in. A*=58 A=52 B= 46..etc.
    so it was like a high B overall. And then you needed to have a C in Maths and English and at least a B in the subject you wanted to do.
    Hahahah that's so cool! I'm going to work out my average, hang on.
    oooh yay i'd have got into your school :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_dragoness274)
    minimum 6As, but in reality the people they actually accept tend to have mostly if not all A*s ...i love how the polls result is like a pyramid, with the highest proportion for the middle requirements, and the lowest for the two top/bottom extremes...random thing to notice, but i guess its what you'd expect
    crikey o_0 where do you study!?

ReputationRep:
    6 A*-C plus Bs in the subject u want to take

ReputationRep:
    3 Cs and 1 B and you should have gcse maths and english but can retake then in year 12 if you want. They also recommend that you get a B in all the subjects you want to study. It was interesting to read all these and see how different things are at different colleges.

ReputationRep:
    My college asked for a B average with at least a B in the subjects you wish to take if you want to do 4 AS levels and an A average with an A in the subjects you wish to take if you want to do 5 AS levels

ReputationRep:
    At least 6 As, with As in the subjects you want to do at AS (A* in some subjects...Chem and Further Maths at least. Well, with Chem you don't *have* to have A* but it's recommended you do). Apparently the people new to the school had to get A*s in their planned AS subjects...

ReputationRep:
    average point score of a B
    so it allows for a couple of subjects taken to foundation level, as long as you make up for it with some A's

ReputationRep:
    My college didnt have any entry requirements, as they did Level 1 to 4 (pre-gcse courses all the way up to pre-uni art courses), but in order to get to level 3 (AS levels), you needed 5 A*-C, with English and Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    Hahahah that's so cool! I'm going to work out my average, hang on.
    oooh yay i'd have got into your school :P
    :woo: AWESOME!!!!
    you would've officially been at the best school ever XD

ReputationRep:
    6Cs

ReputationRep:
    Rosedale/Hayes Manor allows anything that is remotely like a pass...

ReputationRep:
    For mine you need at least 5 A*-C, and your average GCSE grade has to be C or above. You also need Bs in the subjects you're taking for AS, unless it's something not commonly taken at GCSE like law. And except for further maths, for which you need an A in maths.

6As (incl Maths and English) and at least a B in the subjects you are taking.

ReputationRep:
    8 A's for mine
    Need an average point score of 7.5 though (A and a 1/2)
    Thats A levels

IB usually requires anything from 6B's (from the lowest) to 12 A*'s (the best)

ReputationRep:
    Um, the college I'm looking at takes anyone for SOMETHING as long as they wish to learn, but for A levels you need a C in the subjects you wish to take. The sixth form at my school which I'm also considering needs Cs, preferably B's in the subject you wish to take.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.