The Student Room Group

Female hygiene question

Hi
i really want to get a clean shave "down there" and its awkward because if i ask my mum she's going to get curious about my sex life which is none of her business and i can't ask my friends bc most of them have body dysphoria and I don't want to draw attention to that
I use veet hair removal but it doesnt get the stubborn hair out at all and discolours me rlly bad. I'm really bad at using razors. Also i dont want to get waxed or laser hair because its too expensive and i need to do it at home regularly.
I posted it here cus its my bfs preference to not have any hair and for anonymity
Thank you in advance

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi
i really want to get a clean shave "down there" and its awkward because if i ask my mum she's going to get curious about my sex life which is none of her business and i can't ask my friends bc most of them have body dysphoria and I don't want to draw attention to that
I use veet hair removal but it doesnt get the stubborn hair out at all and discolours me rlly bad. I'm really bad at using razors. Also i dont want to get waxed or laser hair because its too expensive and i need to do it at home regularly.
I posted it here cus its my bfs preference to not have any hair and for anonymity
Thank you in advance

your bf having a no preference for hair is weird to me icl
butttt the only suggestion i can think of is shaving using a razor im sorryyy
Reply 2
What's so hard about using razors?
Original post by Supremolga

Original post by xox416
What's so hard about using razors?

honestly they just scare me, i always get cuts and my mum doesn't buy sharp razors often and its annoying

Spoiler

Original post by Supremolga

i think the pref is weird too but if it means i can feel cleaner then okay
how should i go about using a razor
Reply 5
honestly they just scare me, i always get cuts and my mum doesn't buy sharp razors often and its annoying

Spoiler

Invest in your own wax pot. Its not expensive, ive had mine since 2015.
The wax refills is the only thing you'll have to repurchase but they last a long time depends on how often you wax.
Original post by xox416
Invest in your own wax pot. Its not expensive, ive had mine since 2015.
The wax refills is the only thing you'll have to repurchase but they last a long time depends on how often you wax.

so do i just put the wax on and rip it off. is it unsafe if im particularly sensitive. do they sell any on the high street ie superdrug, boots, etc.
sorry for lots of questions and thank u for the help i hope it works
Reply 7
so do i just put the wax on and rip it off. is it unsafe if im particularly sensitive. do they sell any on the high street ie superdrug, boots, etc.
sorry for lots of questions and thank u for the help i hope it works

I don't live in the UK can't say where to purchase. Look online..
They have different kinds of wax for sensitive skin ect. I believe there's some waxes you can just put in the microwave to melt and rip off on its own.

I have wax strips and wax sticks to apply the wax. You have to experiment to see what works for you.
Original post by xox416
I don't live in the UK can't say where to purchase. Look online..
They have different kinds of wax for sensitive skin ect. I believe there's some waxes you can just put in the microwave to melt and rip off on its own.

I have wax strips and wax sticks to apply the wax. You have to experiment to see what works for you.

i see!!! thank you so so much this has really helped and ive honestly never heard of a wax pot before lol
Firstly you don't have to do anything to your body if someone else tells you to. It is your body and your decision. However, if you do want to remove hair, it might help to trim it with scissors first before you shave/wax. Exfoliating the skin will make it easier because you won't have any dead skin but be careful with exfoliating in sensitive areas.
Hi
Thank you in advance

I think your bf should want you whatever the situation down there.
Firstly you don't have to do anything to your body if someone else tells you to. It is your body and your decision. However, if you do want to remove hair, it might help to trim it with scissors first before you shave/wax. Exfoliating the skin will make it easier because you won't have any dead skin but be careful with exfoliating in sensitive areas.

hi, thanks for your answer, what do i exfoliate with??? Just any exfoliant or something specific
I think your bf should want you whatever the situation down there.

this is very sweet and true
thank you
i was previously uncomfortable bc i didnt know how to shave very well bc my mums not very close but im willing to learn
this is very sweet and true
thank you
i was previously uncomfortable bc i didnt know how to shave very well bc my mums not very close but im willing to learn

You're welcome. Hope you have someone who appreciates you whatever.
sorry for lots of questions and thank u for the help i hope it works I wax down there, tho I prefer a bit of hair like a french strip

I'm sensitive and I wax as well with my own wax pot. The wax dries hard and then you rip it off quickly, and I have something like a movie to distract me from the pain. This is what I've figured out through dumassery:
1. exfoliate the area (not the actual hole obvi) with a scrubber or just like your regular routine - just get it clean and without a ton of dead skin.
2. Usually you can find pre-wax toner-like products by the same company as the wax that disinfect the area, imo these are a good investment.
3. take an ibuprofen around 30 min before, reduces pain and any inflamation
4. put baby powder on area - haven't actually tried this one but my friend swears by it, apparently it helps it not stick to skin just to hair
5. do small sections and stretch your skin so it's tight (reduces pain)
6. rip off in a rolling motion not just straight up, like your peeling off a bandaid but with force
7. wax is HOT let it cool a bit before applying to skin. DONT apply straight out of pot, I have a scar to prove that lol
8. after, wipe down with anti-bac stuff you put on before
9. apply after-wax oil/toner thing - again usually wax companies will sell this sort of stuff together as a set.
10. it will be kinda tender so put on soft underwear and avoid stuff that rubs a lot the days after.
11. DO NO, I REPEAT, DO NOT HAVE SEX SOON AFTER WAXING that's how you get std's and infections. the skin is still healing from that treatment, cause all the hair follicles are suddenly empty - it's like having a bunch of tiny cuts open up on your skin. even a clean partner can cause an infection down there (and for the love of god don't go down on someone or get head yourself after you've eaten hot chicken wings as well at any point, it's hard to explain the wincing to your parents)

hope this helps and don't be as dumb as me
hi, thanks for your answer, what do i exfoliate with??? Just any exfoliant or something specific

if you like a tingle down there, coffee grounds lol tho I don't recommend cause if you don't clean them all out you have to explain why there are black dots in your bush and its uncomfortable for everyone involved

but, for real, a clean loofa and an unscented, non-harsh soap. If your loofa isn't clean and your soap is harsh, it's much better to go with water and your hands than anything else
Am I weird or something for preferring women to have hair. Means they are natural for a grown woman.
I'm sensitive and I wax as well with my own wax pot. The wax dries hard and then you rip it off quickly, and I have something like a movie to distract me from the pain. This is what I've figured out through dumassery:
1. exfoliate the area (not the actual hole obvi) with a scrubber or just like your regular routine - just get it clean and without a ton of dead skin.
2. Usually you can find pre-wax toner-like products by the same company as the wax that disinfect the area, imo these are a good investment.
3. take an ibuprofen around 30 min before, reduces pain and any inflamation
4. put baby powder on area - haven't actually tried this one but my friend swears by it, apparently it helps it not stick to skin just to hair
5. do small sections and stretch your skin so it's tight (reduces pain)
6. rip off in a rolling motion not just straight up, like your peeling off a bandaid but with force
7. wax is HOT let it cool a bit before applying to skin. DONT apply straight out of pot, I have a scar to prove that lol
8. after, wipe down with anti-bac stuff you put on before
9. apply after-wax oil/toner thing - again usually wax companies will sell this sort of stuff together as a set.
10. it will be kinda tender so put on soft underwear and avoid stuff that rubs a lot the days after.
11. DO NO, I REPEAT, DO NOT HAVE SEX SOON AFTER WAXING that's how you get std's and infections. the skin is still healing from that treatment, cause all the hair follicles are suddenly empty - it's like having a bunch of tiny cuts open up on your skin. even a clean partner can cause an infection down there (and for the love of god don't go down on someone or get head yourself after you've eaten hot chicken wings as well at any point, it's hard to explain the wincing to your parents)

hope this helps and don't be as dumb as me

holy crap, this is so comprehensive, i am going to have to screenshot it 😭
who knows what silly waxing mistakes i am going to make...
another question (sorry,,) how often do you do this? i feel like i clean up too infrequently and thats because i hate it
i will try the movie idea! sounds perfect haha
Am I weird or something for preferring women to have hair. Means they are natural for a grown woman.

i dont think so, its just another preference at the end of the day....
if you like a tingle down there, coffee grounds lol tho I don't recommend cause if you don't clean them all out you have to explain why there are black dots in your bush and its uncomfortable for everyone involved

but, for real, a clean loofa and an unscented, non-harsh soap. If your loofa isn't clean and your soap is harsh, it's much better to go with water and your hands than anything else

got it, ty :smile:
do people... actually use coffee grounds!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending