Graduate Funding For Dentistry and Dental Therapy.

Watch this thread
Zed25
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
@SFEIsaac
@SFE

To whomever can help.

I am a graduate from a BSc Biological and Medical sciences degree and will be applying for both the A200 Dental Surgery BDS course and the B750 Dental Therapy BSc course at the university of Liverpool.

From my current understanding these courses are exception courses and will allow me to receive full student finance tuition fee and maintainance loan even though I already have an ELQ.

If anyone can clarify this it would be greatly appreciated.

Current information was taken from online sources and this student rooms thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6490928
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hi, your thread has been moved to the Ask SFE forum now - hopefully one of the official reps will be able to answer it soon

It seems it ended up in the money and finance forum which is more for general queries and isn't monitored by the SFE reps!
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Zed25)
@SFEIsaac
@SFE

To whomever can help.

I am a graduate from a BSc Biological and Medical sciences degree and will be applying for both the A200 Dental Surgery BDS course and the B750 Dental Therapy BSc course at the university of Liverpool.

From my current understanding these courses are exception courses and will allow me to receive full student finance tuition fee and maintainance loan even though I already have an ELQ.

If anyone can clarify this it would be greatly appreciated.

Current information was taken from online sources and this student rooms thread.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6490928
Hi there,

Can you confirm if the course is graduate entry Dentistry?

Thanks,
Claire
Zed25
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Claire SFE)
Hi there,

Can you confirm if the course is graduate entry Dentistry?

Thanks,
Claire
Hi

It is not a graduate entry course but I am applying as a graduate, the course is a standard 5 years undergraduate BDS course.
Graeme SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zed25)
Hi

It is not a graduate entry course but I am applying as a graduate, the course is a standard 5 years undergraduate BDS course.
Hi there,

Thanks, when do either of these courses begin?

Thanks, Graeme
Zed25
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi there,

Thanks, when do either of these courses begin?

Thanks, Graeme
September 2022
Graeme SFE
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zed25)
September 2022
Okay, yes - based on what you've said you'll be eligible for the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans. However, we'd recommend making an application online as soon as you're able: that way the assessors can tell you for sure what you're eligible for.

You can login and apply here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Graeme
Zed25
Rep:
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Okay, yes - based on what you've said you'll be eligible for the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans. However, we'd recommend making an application online as soon as you're able: that way the assessors can tell you for sure what you're eligible for.

You can login and apply here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Graeme
I have already made my application but was only awarded maintenance loan and not tuition fee, when I called the person on the phone was not sure, how can I get this rectified?
Zed25
Rep:
Are the rules the same for both courses or are they different.

I have completed my student finance application for the A200 BDS course.
SFE Jason
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zed25)
Are the rules the same for both courses or are they different.

I have completed my student finance application for the A200 BDS course.
Hi there,

If its a 5 year course then it would be the maintenance loan and any supplementary grants only that you would be eligible for.

Thanks, Jason
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads