Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

it's come to the point when I look in the mirror I want to cry, I know i'm not fat but somthing is just not right. I hate perfect celebs.. my self confidence has vanashed Im 5,7 size 10-12 and in a long term relationship.... I just want to know if anyone eles feels **** and how to overcome this. I'm really scared that my old ways of been sick are coming back I hope to god one day i'll have body confidence. I hate that im not tight all over and stuff it depresses me, and im not using the word depressed lightly. Also I hate my boobs I only have a b cup.

Here is a pic of my body.... when I look at it I think it's okay but when I look in the mirror... I just want to cry:'( http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/yazth/1111.png

girls please tell me of any ways you boost your confidence... or guys. I'm desperate.

ReputationRep:
    everyone hates a part/parts of their body in some way, even if everyone else thinks they look perfect. from your picture i personally can't see anything wrong.. i used to be really self conscious but somehow ive accepted who i am and i'm happy. and my boobs are b cup too! and i have a tiny head which makes my body look huge even though it's not! when you look in the mirror, find something that you love about yourself. do this everytime you look in the mirror promise it will get better.

ReputationRep:
    also don't read the magazines with the perfect-in-every-way celebrities...they are only where they are BECAUSE they're perfect (have no obvious flaws) and they don't represent everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    Meh...I have parts of my body which I don't really like but for me I can change it at the a brief spell at the gym. But I get lazy. So just go to the gym, it pays off at the end.

You're body ain't that bad. And for a self esteem boost - I'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxharrixx)
    also don't read the magazines with the perfect-in-every-way celebrities...they are only where they are BECAUSE they're perfect (have no obvious flaws) and they don't represent everyone else!
    its called photoshop.
    No one is as perfect as in mags, they photoshop everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it's come to the point when I look in the mirror I want to cry, I know i'm not fat but somthing is just not right. I hate perfect celebs.. my self confidence has vanashed Im 5,7 size 10-12 and in a long term relationship.... I just want to know if anyone eles feels **** and how to overcome this. I'm really scared that my old ways of been sick are coming back I hope to god one day i'll have body confidence. I hate that im not tight all over and stuff it depresses me, and im not using the word depressed lightly. Also I hate my boobs I only have a b cup.

Here is a pic of my body.... when I look at it I think it's okay but when I look in the mirror... I just want to cry:'( http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo51/yazth/1111.png

girls please tell me of any ways you boost your confidence... or guys. I'm desperate.
    Your body's AMAZING, what are you talking about?! You have everything right in all the right places, even your boobs!

Hope that makes you feel better as I'm telling you the one hundred percent God honest truth! :yep:

ReputationRep:

I'm an 18/20. I have a fat arse, short legs, huge thighs, crap arms, stretch marks all over the place.. I have days where I hated myself, but then I really thought about it, and realised there's no point. I just stood in front of the mirror and pointed out every bit I liked about myself - I have a proper waist, even if it doesn't always show, my calves are toned, I don't have a double chin, I'm tall...
    You look amazing. I'd KILL for those legs! Boobs aren't an issue - I'm only a C cup, and I used to loathe it, and then I realised that big boobs are a complete bugger; in 30 years, a lot of girls with DD are going to be saggy, and we're still gonna be all pert!

If you wanna talk, PM me, I've dealt with this stuff for aaaages! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    seriously.. you look fine. It happens to everyone, they are insecure about themselves, yet to others they have naught wrong with them . Others see you in a different way than you see yourself.. in a better way.

ReputationRep:

Here is a pic of my body.... when I look at it I think it's okay but when I look in the mirror... I just want to cry:'(

your body is fine!! I promise!!
    Everyone has things they hate about themselves, so don't worry.
    Anyway, you have nothing to worry about in that pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by led_zep_amh(121191))
    Your body's AMAZING, what are you talking about?! You have everything right in all the right places, even your boobs!

Hope that makes you feel better as I'm telling you the one hundred percent God honest truth! :yep:
    Where else will her boobs be? She isn't 70. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you look good girl

im the one that hates ther body the most

ReputationRep:
    This is so typical of a female post on TSR.

ReputationRep:

WTF! You have a lovely body! Im shorter than you, and size 14!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Where else will her boobs be? She isn't 70. :rolleyes:
    You know what I meant! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey theres nothing wrong with your body, you look amazing!! every body has body hang-ups, so dont worry....just try n pick out things you like about yourself, im sure they will outweigh the things you dont like about yourself!!!

and theres nothing wrong with a b cup, its normall, and i will kill to have a b/c cup, im a 36ff at the age of 17 , and trust me they are such as burden. at least youre able to fit into nice tops and dresses without your boobs overflowing :P

learn to love your body and be confident.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    in all honesty, your body is absolutely gorgous. I would MUCH rather be with a girl who has a size 10,12,14 size rather than 6 or 8. I know your probably not going to believe me as you have confinced yourself that you don't like what you see. But trust me, coming from a guy, your body is lovely.
    It is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    in 30 years, a lot of girls with DD are going to be saggy, and we're still gonna be all pert!
    i'm only 19 and mine are saggy already. cba with anon.

we've all got our body issues, all have good days and bad days. if it's a really big issue for you OP look at some sort of therapy - it can do wonders! a friend of mine had hypnotherapy for her body image and she was noticeably more confident in weeks.

as has been said - there's nowt wrong with you. not that I can see.

ReputationRep:
    and plus you cant hate u body that much to wear that dress, you look great

I know females have hangups but for people to actually post and tell their sotries makes me feel better. I can't affort the gym but I exercise everyday as I walk to work and back or college and am never sat down at my job. Oh and for the person who said this is a typical female post... it's typical because it's huge problem. I think somtimes people can underestimate how hurt a female can be. It makes me really sad that the medias images can get to everyone. I'm a fool for getting sucked into it all, but I can't help it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.