Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I hate my body watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did you take that pic ages ago? You don't dress like someone who hates their body! Or was 'hate' an exaggeration?

(Original post by Gemma16)
    and plus you cant hate u body that much to wear that dress, you look great
    To be honest.... I try to make up with lack of self confidence by dressing up or wearing short stuff... It's strange I know, I can't explain it. ... I also have a phobia of wearing jeans because of any slight muffin top or anything. I only have skirts because they don't cling I'd love to dress more better.

ReputationRep:
    Im size 12/14, 5'8 and single. You should be happy. I have absolute zero confidence.

ReputationRep:
    1. Accept your body and learn to love it
    or
    2. Change it

Posting threads on TSR really won't help with either options.

ReputationRep:
    I would want to lose a bit of weight if I were you- but only because it just feels much better being a bit thinner. but you're not fat- you look fine
    I think the way you feel is just down to your age- we all feel like that because we're still young and insecure

see if you can make some feasible adjustments to your diet and exercise routine in a way thats healthy and doesn't cause you more stress- I felt like you when I was a size 10-12, and when I lost weight I felt much better about myself and more confident- try reaching a lower weight were everything is a bit more firm, and if you still feel like you want to lose weight then, try to remind yourself you do your best to look good, and you look absolutely fine

(Original post by yellowwdaisy)
    I would want to lose a bit of weight if I were you- but only because it just feels much better being a bit thinner. but you're not fat- you look fine
    I think the way you feel is just down to your age- we all feel like that because we're still young and insecure
    I'm trying to loose weight... it's just trying not to let that take over.. ive had previous food obssesions. I wish I could just be a size 0 with big boobs.. but lets stop dreaming!!!! I think age dose have a lot to do with it, im feeling so much presure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxharrixx)
    everyone hates a part/parts of their body in some way, even if everyone else thinks they look perfect. from your picture i personally can't see anything wrong.. i used to be really self conscious but somehow ive accepted who i am and i'm happy. and my boobs are b cup too! and i have a tiny head which makes my body look huge even though it's not! when you look in the mirror, find something that you love about yourself. do this everytime you look in the mirror promise it will get better.
    The orange girls don't, even if they do have problems. :yep:

I love your body, I don't have any curves I'm a size 4/6, my legs are a funny shape at the top. I'm a D but I hate the shape of my boobs and have also been in a long term relationship for two years. Do you feel as though you're not attractive anymore because no-one else ever says you are other than your partner? Because i feel like that. I'd love to have your body, honest you have nothing to worry about!
    write back
    xXx

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I love your body, I don't have any curves I'm a size 4/6, my legs are a funny shape at the top. I'm a D but I hate the shape of my boobs and have also been in a long term relationship for two years. Do you feel as though you're not attractive anymore because no-one else ever says you are other than your partner? Because i feel like that. I'd love to have your body, honest you have nothing to worry about!
    write back
    xXx
    Yeh that plays a part in stuff to and give me your boobs please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    The orange girls don't, even if they do have problems. :yep:
    Nor do I, and I'm all white and pasty. It's quite possible to have small breasts and a big wibbly bottom and things and still be perfectly happy with it, I think it might have a lot to do with not reading womens magazines. People often seem to labour under the impression that their body issues will get better if they change their body, but really they won't unless you change your attitude, because otherwise you'll only be finding faults no matter how perfect your physique. The thing is, there is actually nothing all that great or attractive about being 'tight all over' or being a size 0 with huge boobs. That is just an image that it benefits industry to promote so they can sell loads of expensive beauty products to insecure women trying to meet the impossible (and fairly minging) ideal. Real women have soft squidgy bits and big hips/arses/whatever occasionally, and breasts in all sorts of sizes that are all nice in their own ways, be they little and perky or big and huge, and pretty much any of us can be damn sexy without having to starve ourselves or have horrible surgery or anything else.

I'm also very white... don't think fakebake is for me but I work in a beauty shop and feel the preassure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pale my boobs are only an A/B cup and I have fat legs
    boo hoo I'm going to kill myself

ReputationRep:
    this will sound pretty weird, but watch Gok Wan's "Miss Naked Beauty" its on tuesdays at 8pm, channel 4 - most of the women in the competition have serious body hang-ups and they're all different sizes and such, it makes you realise that however you are, you're normal.

Here's the channel 4 catch-up page for it: http://www.channel4.com/video/brandl...s-naked-beauty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    you look good girl

im the one that hates ther body the most
    which is why you have 2 pics of you on TSR?

anyway- i can totally relate to you OP, i've been with my bf for about a year now, but i still feel crap about myself, and can't understand why it turns him on. i have so much fat/cellulite/stretch marks, ugh.

ReputationRep:
    I despise my body too. I won't even have sex naked. I have to be wearing something (usually a vest top). I've never worn a bikini in my life either - far too frightening. Even if someone takes a picture of me, I usually ask them to just focus on the neck up!

You're not alone!

ReputationRep:
    i think your body is good why would you want to cry

ReputationRep:
    One day you'll just click and think, 'You know what, my body isn't so bad'

My theory is that, you're young- appreciate it. Don't waste your youth hating your body. You'll look back at photos and 'Just think what the hell was I thinking!'

1. Doing something active to change it if you hate it.
    2. Focus on parts you DO like and emphasise them by the way you dress.

And remember that no-one scrutinises your body as much as you- people are much more concerned about themselves!

I love my body!

ReputationRep:
    meh you look fine, cant do much more than say that

ReputationRep:
    Celebrities aren't perfect. Do you know how much airbrushing they have? I'd be genuninely shocked to see real skin in a magazine. Besides, you've obviously confidence. You're wearing a low cut, short dress. You can't hate yourself as much as you think.

ReputationRep:
    Truse me, id rather have your boobs than my boobs. Im small and quite thin but my boobs are 30ff last time i got measured and they r a pain in the arse, you cant find tops to fit you properly, have to buy expensive bras, hurt your back and have to be conscious of how you sit and generally piss you off. Basically everyone is different and you need to accept who you are cos you aint gonna get given a new you. As long as you exercise and eat well youll be reet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.