The Student Room Group

Student Loan

posting again

Hi
Would I be eligible for a student loan if I have a degree from another country. I got this degree nearly 16 years ago, I wasn't a UK resident nor a national at the time. I got my nationality few year go and am a resident now.
I am planing on studying Bsc Dietetics from London Met but first will need to do a foundation year which is part of Bsc Human Nutrition, So initially I will apply for Bsc HN then transfer to Bsc Dietetics after the first year (year 0). The foundation course is integrated. (full time)
Thank in advance
Original post by manuraheel
posting again

Hi
Would I be eligible for a student loan if I have a degree from another country. I got this degree nearly 16 years ago, I wasn't a UK resident nor a national at the time. I got my nationality few year go and am a resident now.
I am planing on studying Bsc Dietetics from London Met but first will need to do a foundation year which is part of Bsc Human Nutrition, So initially I will apply for Bsc HN then transfer to Bsc Dietetics after the first year (year 0). The foundation course is integrated. (full time)
Thank in advance

Hi there,

If you already hold a degree you wouldn't be eligible for another unless its one of our exception courses. Human Nutrition isn't one of our exception courses. You can find a list of our Allied Health Courses here:

- Chiropody
- Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
- Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
- Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
- Dietetics
- Dietetics and nutrition*
- Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
- Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
- Nursing and social work** (Dual honours)
- Occupational therapy
- Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Radiography
- Radiotherapy
- Speech and language therapy

*Nutrition on its own is not classed as an AHP

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hi Claire
Thank you, so if I started Bsc Dietetics after completing the first foundation year ( which is part of Human Nutrition) I will be eligible for SF for the 3 years in Dietetics ?
Reply 3
Can you please let me know how and when do I pay back the studen loan
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Claire
Thank you, so if I started Bsc Dietetics after completing the first foundation year ( which is part of Human Nutrition) I will be eligible for SF for the 3 years in Dietetics ?

Hi there,

Yes, you would be eligible for the Dietetics course, but not the foundation year before it. You will start repaying your loan when earning over the threshold. More information on repaying can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan

Thanks, Erin
Reply 5
ok thank you, are there other loans or grants I should look into? Im a mature student with 3 kids (10 and under) I do not work and I live at home. Husband works abroad and doesn't live in the UK.
ok thank you, are there other loans or grants I should look into? Im a mature student with 3 kids (10 and under) I do not work and I live at home. Husband works abroad and doesn't live in the UK.

Hi There,

We can only give you advice about student finance entitlement; we’d recommend contacting the university for advice about other forms of funding. You can find the contact details for most universities here: https://www.nasma.org.uk/search-contacts.php

Thanks, Erin N
Reply 7
ok thank you. Can you please guide me again. The degree I did wasn't a honours degree it was a three your bachelors from Pakistan (don't ELQ apply here), I now want to do Bsc in Human Nutrition (HONS) 4 years. I am not sure what the my previous degree is equivalent to in the UK but it seems it won't be accepted for masters as universities here require a 4 year bachelors from Pakistan to study at Masters level which means my Bachelors is of no value. Am I still not able to get SF under these circumstances .
(edited 1 year ago)
ok thank you. Can you please guide me again. The degree I did wasn't a honours degree it was a three your bachelors from Pakistan (don't ELQ apply here), I now want to do Bsc in Human Nutrition (HONS) 4 years. I am not sure what the my previous degree is equivalent to in the UK but it seems it won't be accepted for masters as universities here require a 4 year bachelors from Pakistan to study at Masters level which means my Bachelors is of no value. Am I still not able to get SF under these circumstances .

Hi there,

You would need to use the following site to see what level your course is the equivalent in the UK before we can see if you are eligible. https://www.enic.org.uk/

T
hanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending