Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im a bit of a train virgin im afraid and i have to be in leeds on thursday and i have no idea how trains work! =/

more precisely, oldham mumps in manchester preferably, to leeds. ive checked national rail site and its a bit confusing because im going on thursday 13th and it keeps saying thursday 12th? maybe its an old site.

but anyway. any help much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    It is the 13th this thursday.

First Transpennine Express go from Manchester to Leeds. Just go to their website and book tickets there.

ReputationRep:
    thankyoou

ReputationRep:
    Hang on..it's NOT the 13th on thursday its the 12th!!! whats wrong with these peoples calendars!

EDIT: theres something wrong with my calendar....lol

ReputationRep:
    its definitly the 13th..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.firsttranspennine.trainsf..._Timetable.asp

Dunno what time you want but you can change it on there.

Imagine you'll have to change at either Rochdale or Piccadilly though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laen)
    http://www.firsttranspennine.trainsf..._Timetable.asp

Dunno what time you want but you can change it on there.

Imagine you'll have to change at either Rochdale or Piccadilly though.

thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    Hang on..it's NOT the 13th on thursday its the 12th!!! whats wrong with these peoples calendars!

EDIT: theres something wrong with my calendar....lol
    lol at least your up to speed with everyone else now

ReputationRep:
    Just looked and you def. have to change. And I was right in thinking Oldham Mumps trains go to Victoria 'cause they're local, so then you'd have to get from Victoria to Piccadilly (there is one train to Leeds from Victoria but it's the longest most pointless train in the world!!! Avoid at all costs!!)

So yeha, you'd be best switching at Rochdale. Unless you found your way to Rochdale/Piccadilly to get it directly.

ReputationRep:
    rochdale to leeds train is rubbish, i hate it! Though its cheaper then the Picadilly train and easier for you if you get on the loop line and get off at rochdale.

ReputationRep:
    why are trains so confusing!

probably just me though. lol.

i wish i could afford a taxi....oh for a spare 3456493860203 pounds

ReputationRep:
    Not get the bus to manc centre and get the train from piccadilly?

ReputationRep:
    could probably. is that simpler?

ReputationRep:
    Both would be simple really.

Just get the train from oldham to rochdale, get off, and then train from rochdale to leeds. Or..
    Bus to manchester, train from piccadilly.

ReputationRep:
    I would say so.

ReputationRep:
    i actually live in rochdale, but go to college in oldham so was just gonna go straight from there...but if its simpler i'll get it from piccadilly?

and arent i lucky. finding a manchester-leeds person lol.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryfantastic)
    i actually live in rochdale, but go to college in oldham so was just gonna go straight from there...but if its simpler i'll get it from piccadilly?

thanks
    Id always go for the piccadilly train over the rochdale train, as the rochdale one is sooooooooo slow and stops everywhere and they trains arnt very nice. Unfortuntaly i have to get that to get home, oh well.

So yeah, i would say piccadilly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryfantastic)

thanks
    Snap, however I live in neighbouring Littleborough.

PS. The Victoria train does stop all around the houses, but desperate times calls for desparate and somewhat monotonus measures.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.