Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a few people on here right? One question - did you have to get a new reference made, or did you (or are you allowed to) use your old one?

Is there a UCAS policy on this?

ReputationRep:
    Nah I used my old one...its so much less stressful doing it second time round!

ReputationRep:
    You should get a new one made. by new, i mean 1 of your teachers adjusting it because you your original reference will have predicted grades etc.

You now have your grades so it needs updating.

ReputationRep:
    i have technically applied 3 times to uni now, this will be the last

and yes, i would definately get an updated reference. pressure him/her to make it awesome too

ReputationRep:
    Mine wasn't updated, i used the old one and changed it all to past tense..my reference didn't include predicted grades anyway

ReputationRep:
    3 TIMES, how come!?!?!

This is for Bean87

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    Mine wasn't updated, i used the old one and changed it all to past tense..my reference didn't include predicted grades anyway
    Well you have broken the terms and conditions of UCAS.

You agreed that you hadn't changed any of the reference just before sending off the application.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, could you explain how you applied for the third time! You took 2 Gap Years? Are you classed as a mature student?

ReputationRep:
    How did you have control over it? I mean, if I apply next year, is my school involved in any way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntensityIntegrityIntell)
    Well you have broken the terms and conditions of UCAS.

You agreed that you hadn't changed any of the reference just before sending off the application.
    Nooooo, because i was told to change it by my tutor, she gave me the photocopy, told me to change it to past tense, and take out a sentance..and type it out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    How did you have control over it? I mean, if I apply next year, is my school involved in any way?
    I applied as an independant not through my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neville 'Facking' Bartos)
    3 TIMES, how come!?!?!

This is for Bean87
    when i was 17 i applied to do some random comp science course as i didnt know what i wanted with my life. didnt go, messed around for a few years, got in trouble, made some money, went back into education. applied to medicine last year, didnt get in. applying (for the 3rd time) this year

sorted

ReputationRep:
    I applied as an independant not through my school.
    I see, but is that by choice or is that by UCAS rules for people who have left school? Or did you make a conscious decision to not apply through school again?

ReputationRep:
    did any of you apply whilst at university? im applying whilst at university and just wanted to know if anyone wrote on their ps that they were already at university, because im not doing this, just wanted to know thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    I see, but is that by choice or is that by UCAS rules for people who have left school? Or did you make a conscious decision to not apply through school again?
    You could apply through your old school if you asked them, i decided not too as it would have been quicker to do it by myself. You can do it either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roshi)
    did any of you apply whilst at university? im applying whilst at university and just wanted to know if anyone wrote on their ps that they were already at university, because im not doing this, just wanted to know thanks
    WOAH! can you do this? I thought you have to drop out first? So you are gonna complete the first year and then go to a different uni to start the first year there? Which Unis are involved may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    yeh im at UCL at the moment doing statistics and want to change to economics

ReputationRep:
    Yep, in the process of re-applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roshi)
    yeh im at UCL at the moment doing statistics and want to change to economics
    So you gonna drop out of UCL and apply to UCL again as well as other places for economics? If you dont get anywhere (that you like), can you just stay on at UCL doin Stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaphMB)
    Yep, in the process of re-applying
    What is the deadline for gap year applicants? isnt it 20th September of this year? As in, the deadline has gone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.