Turn on thread page Beta

So - who here applied for Uni second time round? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    You could apply through your old school if you asked them, i decided not too as it would have been quicker to do it by myself. You can do it either way
    I see, but if you apply privately, dont you still need a reference from someone at school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    What is the deadline for gap year applicants? isnt it 20th September of this year? As in, the deadline has gone?
    Please say this is a joke???:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    What is the deadline for gap year applicants? isnt it 20th September of this year? As in, the deadline has gone?
    Never heard that one before, I'm pretty sure it's the same deadline as the other UCAS applications

ReputationRep:
    2strong yeh if i dont get anywhere i could still carry on with the course i am doing now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roshi)
    did any of you apply whilst at university? im applying whilst at university and just wanted to know if anyone wrote on their ps that they were already at university, because im not doing this, just wanted to know thanks
    Hi, I am also applying to anither Uni for another course whilst still at Uni. I haven't met anyone else who is doing it though. I am going to put that I will have to withdraw for medical reasons on my PS which is true and also my personal tutor is going to be my reference so I have to admit it really.

Can they not already tell that you are at Uni?

ReputationRep:
    no not really but the only thing is that i dont want to say that im currently at university because then the universities that i am applying to will expect me to drop out, and i would rather wait until i have offers elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    I applied with an updated reference...

ReputationRep:
    the later you drop out the more the uni will charge you. I am going to drop out of brunel because i don't like the comp science course im doing but the nights out are realllly good. Im going to retake modules for my a levels becuase i have BBC but i want higher lol. going to cost me a lot of money though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    yeh but its better to be safe and not take a risk

ReputationRep:
    I am a reapplicant. I need to improve on my bio grade this Jan. But I have BB in maths& english. Two questions: If im applying as an independent student and i am sitting it in school. must a school teacher do my reference?? because last year my teacher took a MONTH doing it!! im hoping to get it sent off this week. ive done my personal statement, adding final touches.. but i really dont want to wait another month for him to do my reference.. even tho the deadline is 15th jan.. id like it off.. hes kinda forgetful too!! alsooo i see someone is applying to kings , do u no if they discriminate against reapplicants? i did call, they said i would get top priority, but because i had a free option i put them down. does ne 1 no ne different?
    thanks !
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I applied last year, went to Uni for about 3 months and decided I didn't like it. So I took another year out, got my head together, made a decision and am applying again for 2009 entry.

When I contacted my form tutor informing her, she asked if I wanted to apply through the school again, to which I declined, much quicker to do it independantly, so then she e-mailed me the reference.

I don't think there is a problem with UCAS for this, as long as the tutor definately wrote it.

Nice and easy :yep:

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    This is my fourth time doing UCAS (though I didn't actually send it off the third time). I've had a new reference each time because otherwise they would be hugely out of date and irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniStudent2009)
    I applied last year, went to Uni for about 3 months and decided I didn't like it. So I took another year out, got my head together, made a decision and am applying again for 2009 entry.

When I contacted my form tutor informing her, she asked if I wanted to apply through the school again, to which I declined, much quicker to do it independantly, so then she e-mailed me the reference.

I don't think there is a problem with UCAS for this, as long as the tutor definately wrote it.

Nice and easy :yep:

Good luck
    She emailed you the reference? Could you then not change it? Or did you change it a little (reasonably), email it back to her, she checked it, made sure your changes to it were fine, and then sent to unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slender Loris)
    This is my fourth time doing UCAS (though I didn't actually send it off the third time). I've had a new reference each time because otherwise they would be hugely out of date and irrelevant.
    You are going to HAVE to explain that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roshi)
    yeh but its better to be safe and not take a risk

Are you SURE you are allowed to do this? And also, if you want Econ at UCL while you do stats at UCL, cant you just asked to switch courses without having to reapply? Or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slender Loris)
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    I was beginning to worry about this but I've just got it sorted - doing UCAS second time and using a new reference. Got it done quicker than I expected too

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying again at university, and I'm getting a new reference.

ReputationRep:
    BUT my question is - do you HAVE to get a new one? If I apply independently or even through school, is the tutor FORCED to have to write a new one, or can we just leave the reference as it is?

ReputationRep:
    2strong, the reason why im not allowed to get a transfer is because economics at ucl is full and hence im going to have to reapply

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.