Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So - who here applied for Uni second time round? Watch

ReputationRep:
    how do u leave the reference as it is?! because wouldnt u register all over again? i couldnt even see my reference last year?! i wouldnt mind keep my reference.. but how do i even get to see it?! i viewed my whole application and i cudnt see it?!?!?! help please!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you HAVE to get a new one, but it would be silly to send off the old one without it being updated; it wouldn't make sense with your PS.

ReputationRep:
    This's my third time applying through UCAS. I dropped out after the first time because the course I was on was rubbish, and because the two and a half hour commute (e/w) was intolerable, then my uncle died whilst I was applying the second time around so I decided to delay the University malarkey for another year (withdrew my application). I've used the same referee each time, but she has updated my reference. I'll have to send her something nice for all the help she's given me, really.

ReputationRep:
    it's my second time applying. 2 years ago i applied for geography at oxford and bristol. i got into bristol but i failed the offer so I did 2 retakes. now i've realised what i really want to do (philosophy) and i've had a nice break i've decided to apply again. i got a different reference btw.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    She emailed you the reference? Could you then not change it? Or did you change it a little (reasonably), email it back to her, she checked it, made sure your changes to it were fine, and then sent to unis?
    Nah the only things I changed were the tenses (it was wrote while I was at school) and the subject mentioned in the reference (she gave me permission to do it myself :p:), other than that it was all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2strong)
    You are going to HAVE to explain that!
    I applied for 2006 entry (1st). Got my offers, but left college due to illness. Went back to college. Applied for 2007 entry (2nd). Got my offers, but dropped out again due to illness. Registered with UCAS for 2008 entry (3rd), applying for places with foundation years/that would accept me with just AS. Got a place for 2007 through Clearing. Went to uni for a year. Failed due a mix up with dates. Didn't want to go to back and do it again (they would only let me do a different subject anyway). Applying now for 2009 entry (4th), for places that will take me without full A-Levels (including the uni that was my first choice before).

ReputationRep:
    I applied two years ago, got into three uni's but decided not to go as my results were...awful.
    Then I went to college for two years and retook some new a levels... Now I'm applying for a second time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boris_the_Llama)
    Hi, I am also applying to anither Uni for another course whilst still at Uni. I haven't met anyone else who is doing it though. I am going to put that I will have to withdraw for medical reasons on my PS which is true and also my personal tutor is going to be my reference so I have to admit it really.

Can they not already tell that you are at Uni?
    I'm another one applying for uni again whilst still at uni. On my PS i'm putting that the place isn't right for me etc which is true. I don't know if they can tell whether you're at uni or not :/

Are you applying to transfer into second year after completing first year at your current uni or just dropping out and starting in first year? i'm thinking of dropping out at christmas if i still feel the same but i'm worried that i'll drop out and then won't be made an offer :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangepossum)
    i'm thinking of dropping out at christmas if i still feel the same but i'm worried that i'll drop out and then won't be made an offer :/
    I'm in the exact same position, except I've just begun the process for dropping out now. Quite terrified that I won't get offers, but if I end up applying for the courses that I'm about 80% set on right now, I'd like to think I'd get at least a few offers considering I'm bang on the required grades.

ReputationRep:
    I did and got a new reference for my new subjects (Psychology and I think Chemistry A2 as the other was just for AS) and new predicted grades and changed the reference for my old subjects a bit. Voila.

ReputationRep:
    they can prob check up on if your at university, so im not mentioning that im on a gap year or that im currently at university, i think this is the best option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangepossum)
    I'm another one applying for uni again whilst still at uni. On my PS i'm putting that the place isn't right for me etc which is true. I don't know if they can tell whether you're at uni or not :/

Are you applying to transfer into second year after completing first year at your current uni or just dropping out and starting in first year? i'm thinking of dropping out at christmas if i still feel the same but i'm worried that i'll drop out and then won't be made an offer :/
    Im applying to join the first year. I am leaving my current course due to medical reasons and will have to miss quite a bit of time so I don't think my credits will be that good so it will be easier to get into the first year than the second year.

Though I plan to wait until I see whether I get accepted onto other courses before leaving my current course full stop. Also my current personal tutor is doing my reference so she will have to mention that I have been at University.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.