Grade 7: 43-47 marks in each paper.
Grade 6: 35-38 marks in each paper.
Grade 5: 26-30 marks in each paper.
Grade 4: 17-21 marks in each paper.
Grade 3: 13-16 marks in each paper.

wtf that’s so low
Original post by bunsenburner92
wtf that’s so low

low? i'd say it's decent. take a look at the 2019 boundaries, they won't rise by like 10 marks it's probably 3 marks increase maximum.
Original post by dahlia06
low? i'd say it's decent. take a look at the 2019 boundaries, they won't rise by like 10 marks it's probably 3 marks increase maximum.

don’t you think that they papers have been too easy though?
any predictions for edexcel english language

Paper 1 wasn't easy for quite a lot of people, so will have brought grade boundaries down a bit

p1 was hard, p2 decent and paper 3 was 'easier' but the people i've spoken to online and irl are not representative, and based on polls on here and youtube (again not representative) i don't think the boundaries would shift more than 3/4 marks. not to mention a vast number of people missed the 5 marker at the end of p3.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by noora1233
any predictions for edexcel english language

take a look at the 2019 boundaries and based on your judgement, increase it by some marks and post it here. ill copy it onto the first post.
p1 was hard, p2 decent and paper 3 was 'easier' but the people i've spoken to online and irl are not representative, and based on polls on here and youtube (again not representative) i don't think the boundaries would shift more than 3/4 marks.

fair enough then

do you mind if you can do OCR maths foundation grade 4 or/and grade 5 prediction please? ive heard people say that you need a 40 for each paper to pass (so 120 in total of 3 papers to pass) but im not entirely sure about that. thanks!
Original post by aylinnnn13
do you mind if you can do OCR maths foundation grade 4 or/and grade 5 prediction please? ive heard people say that you need a 40 for each paper to pass (so 120 in total of 3 papers to pass) but im not entirely sure about that. thanks!

i don't do ocr maths foundation so i don't think it's fair for me to increase 3/4 marks based on 2019. once more people start putting in their input for that paper, ill take the average and add it on. based on people who you spoke to and yourself, how did you find the papers overall?
(edited 1 year ago)
p1 was hard, p2 decent and paper 3 was 'easier' but the people i've spoken to online and irl are not representative, and based on polls on here and youtube (again not representative) i don't think the boundaries would shift more than 3/4 marks. not to mention a vast number of people missed the 5 marker at the end of p3.

yeah also a lot of people on student room find the exams quite easy but people on twitter tend to find it harder and complain so its varied tbh
Original post by jennaa21
yeah also a lot of people on student room find the exams quite easy but people on twitter tend to find it harder and complain so its varied tbh

most people on tsr find anything less than a 9 terrible in all fairness:colonhash:
most people on tsr find anything less than a 9 terrible in all fairness:colonhash:

thats true :s-smilie:
i don't do ocr maths foundation so i don't think it's fair for me to increase 3/4 marks based on 2019. once more people start putting in their input for that paper, ill take the average and add it on. based on people who you spoke to and yourself, how did you find the papers overall?

so for paper 1, i thought i did good but then realised that i messed up on the 5 and 6 marker questions as i was really nervous during the exam. paper 2 was definetly way harder than paper 1 as there were so many questions that i wasnt familiar with and paper 3 was easier than paper 2 but i still wasnt able to even get 50 marks.

so paper 1 i think i got 42 marks, paper 2 id say 40 marks, and paper 3 id say 40 or 42 marks.
Original post by aylinnnn13
so for paper 1, i thought i did good but then realised that i messed up on the 5 and 6 marker questions as i was really nervous during the exam. paper 2 was definetly way harder than paper 1 as there were so many questions that i wasnt familiar with and paper 3 was easier than paper 2 but i still wasnt able to even get 50 marks.

so paper 1 i think i got 42 marks, paper 2 id say 40 marks, and paper 3 id say 40 or 42 marks.

i'll take a look at the 2019 grade boundaries, and make a wide estimate but it will be highly inaccurate. i can't seem to find the 2021 grade boundaries for edexcel and ocr which is annoying.
i'll take a look at the 2019 grade boundaries, and make a wide estimate but it will be highly inaccurate. i can't seem to find the 2021 grade boundaries for edexcel and ocr which is annoying.

i think you can find the 2021 grade boundaries for both tiers here, ive used this website alot, its pretty good.

https://mathsbot.com/gcse/boundaries
i've done ocr foundation^, it is quite high imo.
i've done ocr foundation^, it is quite high imo.

can you see the link i sent you? idk if has been sent

Latest