Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone own any budgies?

How many? Male or female? Tell me about them

My budgie's become so much more interactive recently it's lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a male cockatiel :p: If that counts! Called Tookey

ReputationRep:
    Used to have a blue and white budgie called Mozart. He died a couple of years ago, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    I've got a male cockatiel :p: If that counts! Called Tookey
    Tookey! Was that named after something? I'm sure I've heard that before.

My aunty used to have some tiels, they are so lovely! How long you had him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Used to have a blue and white budgie called Mozart. He died a couple of years ago, though
    Aww Cooro, that's a shame. Have you gotten another since? I'll be mortified when my girl goes. My last flew out of the window (yes i know, i was an idiot.) and I was SO upset.

ReputationRep:
    I have a blue and white budgie called Marbie She's 10 years old and very much enjoys telling the pigeons off in the garden on warm days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bitterendx)
    Tookey! Was that named after something? I'm sure I've heard that before.

My aunty used to have some tiels, they are so lovely! How long you had him?
    George and the jungle the toucan! :p:

Had him for about 6 years now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    I have a blue and white budgie called Marbie She's 10 years old and very much enjoys telling the pigeons off in the garden on warm days!
    Haha, 10 years! Wow My Wonsy is about 6 months old? Rouhgly anyways, her cere has recently been changing from deep blue to a palewhite with oncoming pink. So she's still fairly young. Your budgie has a lot of character then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    George and the jungle the toucan! :p:

Had him for about 6 years now!
    Ahaha I knew I'd heard it some where! How creative :p:

6 Years old, wow. I've got about 3 years left with my girl until I have to head off to uni - where pets generally arn't allowed (

ReputationRep:
    Aww Cooro, that's a shame. Have you gotten another since? I'll be mortified when my girl goes. My last flew out of the window (yes i know, i was an idiot.) and I was SO upset.
    No, we never got another budgie. We lost one guinea pig in the same week as Mozart, and the other guinea pig a year later, and then had no pets for about two years, until we got our cat this August :^_^: But yeah, during the non-pet stage I missed Mozart a lot. The house was so quiet without him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    No, we never got another budgie. We lost one guinea pig in the same week as Mozart, and the other guinea pig a year later, and then had no pets for about two years, until we got our cat this August :^_^: But yeah, during the non-pet stage I missed Mozart a lot. The house was so quiet without him!
    I've lost quite a few pets and I can agree it's so different without them around. I'd definatly recommend getting another bird though - they're so lovely! Also been trying to get my mum to buy two kittens. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've lost quite a few pets and I can agree it's so different without them around. I'd definatly recommend getting another bird though - they're so lovely! Also been trying to get my mum to buy two kittens. :rolleyes:
    If we didn't have Benny now we might have got another bird. But cats and birds don't really mix all that well :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    If we didn't have Benny now we might have got another bird. But cats and birds don't really mix all that well :giggle:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MGgyzN9LMQ0

I beg to differ!

Would depend entirely on the nature of them both and where you kept them I suppose.

Just got a new cage for my budgie and its the most noisiest thing ever! I'll never sleep! haha!

ReputationRep:
    I like budgies. Except the amateur green ones. Blue FTW.

And budgie > canaries.

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MGgyzN9LMQ0

I beg to differ!

Would depend entirely on the nature of them both and where you kept them I suppose.

Just got a new cage for my budgie and its the most noisiest thing ever! I'll never sleep! haha!
    Well, the nature of Benny is to chase everything that moves (or doesn't) and to climb everything in sight so... I doubt he'd mix well with a bird :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    I like budgies. Except the amateur green ones. Blue FTW.

And budgie > canaries.

BAM. Clearly my budgie owns.
    My last was a greenie, he was still cute though. :p:

If I get another at christmas I think I want a big bright yellow one
    Or a green, so I can easily tell the difference without having to think. xD
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    BAM. Clearly my budgie owns.
    My last was a greenie, he was still cute though. :p:

If I get another at christmas I think I want a big bright yellow one
    Or a green, so I can easily tell the difference without having to think. xD
    hehe, cute

ReputationRep:
    I had four, two blues called Budgie and Badger, and two greens called Sylvester and Bruce.

Sylvester and Bruce were really old and weren't tame but Badger used to sit on my shoulder and try to eat the buttons off my school cardigan :>.<:

Then I went away for a weekend and my dad left the cage open and the patio doors open and Budgie, Sylvester and Bruce all escaped. Then a few months later the dog knocked down badgers cage and he got hurt and died I was totally heartbroken and haven't had a bird since!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Well, the nature of Benny is to chase everything that moves (or doesn't) and to climb everything in sight so... I doubt he'd mix well with a bird :p:
    Lol I suppose not then, maybe once Benny has settled down - then he can get a feathery friend:p:

ReputationRep:
    I have a budgie called Freddie who is the daftest thing in the whole world.

He even talks, I put some videos on YouTube of him as well for those interested.

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=Martyn1989

I love him

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.