The Student Room Group

Cambridge University Life

Hi everyone! I'm currently in Y12 doing A Levels and thinking of applying to Cambridge in October. I was wondering how the social life was at Cambridge, and is a good work-life balance possible?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone! I'm currently in Y12 doing A Levels and thinking of applying to Cambridge in October. I was wondering how the social life was at Cambridge, and is a good work-life balance possible?

Hi I currently finished my first year studying natural sciences at cambridge. There are loads of societies and the collegiate system gives you a good way to make friends. I have to say being at such an academic university I do tend to have search to find time for societies and meeting up with friends amongst my many lectures, practicals, supervisions and the preparation I have to do for all the above. Because of this, you spend considerably more time working than at other university because of the short, demanding and faster pace nature of the terms. If you are really serious about it I believe a passable work-life balance is possible however there will be some weeks you'll be held up in your room/study area studying.

Quick Reply

Latest