The Student Room Group

Social Statuses in guys, How important are they?

I'm curious. How much do girls value Social status. Like if you're not very social and don't have a big friend group. In my case I've been moving around my whole life and hence don't have a huge group of friends that I regularly talk to or go outside with. Does this make me "unattractive"?
Original post by HashMash
I'm curious. How much do girls value Social status. Like if you're not very social and don't have a big friend group. In my case I've been moving around my whole life and hence don't have a huge group of friends that I regularly talk to or go outside with. Does this make me "unattractive"?

The best thing I have ever learnt in life is if someone values your social status more than you, then they’re not worth your time hanging around with, dating or being friends with, end of story.

You hang around with and date people who like you for you. Not how many friends you have and not how cool other people perceive you to be. You will only find unhappiness if you try to be with people who value your social status more than you being you.
Reply 2
Original post by Mintkoala
The best thing I have ever learnt in life is if someone values your social status more than you, then they’re not worth your time hanging around with, dating or being friends with, end of story.

You hang around with and date people who like you for you. Not how many friends you have and not how cool other people perceive you to be. You will only find unhappiness if you try to be with people who value your social status more than you being you.

Great words man, I couldn't agree more. And I'll always be keeping this in mind. However,
I've seen girls share what they look for when they are on dating apps for example? to start a conversation with a guy they look for pictures of them with other people and their friend groups. This I guess shows how communicative and outgoing the person is I guess, in a way shows their personality. And I want to know if this is the case. Because obviously if someone cares about your social status more than you, they aren't worth it. However if to start a conversation with and getting to know the person you first observe their social status then I guess it comes out to be pretty important? I mean I get your point, but that applies after they have met you and bonded with you right? what if it takes to have a good social status for that to happen in the first place is my question, is it true and if so how important.
Great words man, I couldn't agree more. And I'll always be keeping this in mind. However,
I've seen girls share what they look for when they are on dating apps for example? to start a conversation with a guy they look for pictures of them with other people and their friend groups. This I guess shows how communicative and outgoing the person is I guess, in a way shows their personality. And I want to know if this is the case. Because obviously if someone cares about your social status more than you, they aren't worth it. However if to start a conversation with and getting to know the person you first observe their social status then I guess it comes out to be pretty important? I mean I get your point, but that applies after they have met you and bonded with you right? what if it takes to have a good social status for that to happen in the first place is my question, is it true and if so how important.

Dating apps do not reflect real life. They reflect what people on dating apps who sit at home want people to think, they want someone with XYZ this and that because that’s what they think will advance their own social status.

Most people in real life who aren’t on dating apps are not reflective of those who want the entire world to land at their feet from a dating app.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Mintkoala
Dating apps do not reflect real life. They reflect what people on dating apps who sit at home want people to think, they want someone with XYZ this and that because that’s what they think will advance their own social status.

Most people in real life who aren’t on dating apps are not reflective of those who want the entire world to land at their feet from a dating app.

Yeah absolutely.
Yeah absolutely.

So you meet people in real life. You try and make friends at work, or you go to a bar, or you join a society or group, whatever isn’t a dating app.
(edited 1 year ago)
Depends on the context of social status.

I'm not that interested in how many followers or likes a potential date has on social media, none of my exes used it.
But I wouldn't be willing to consider dating a guy who has never had any friends outside of the SecondLife website, primary school or prison. Including pet animal pals.
Nor a guy with an illegal drug habit, serious criminal past or obvious family/voluntary group associations that made him the target of mass domestic media hostility/welfare dependent/a social pariah to the majority of mainstream secular uk residents.
Reply 7
You don't need big group of friends, mate, but you do need confidence and looks, plus some social skills. Let's say you hit on a girl in the bus, ask for her facebook, and start dating her. By the time she knows how many friends you have, she would already be your girlfriend. I did miss 2 opportunities of girls on the bus recently,(time is tight) 1 of whom was giving me looks, but was with group of other girls, and another one who sat next to me, but felt friendly, so If i made a move, perhaps I would succeed. So in those scenarios, is perfect to act, because the girl already gives a hint.

If you're going to deeper waters, what matters to a girl is your salary and your job position. If that's not your forte, avoid that topic.
I've been many times afraid to hit on a girl, but the older I grow, the easier it seems, I realized most important is to have the confidence to make the first move. If you look like a damn nice gentleman dressed up well with manners and confidence, you will eventually succeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending