Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a look on certain investment banking and accountancy websites for summer interships and many of the deadlines seem to have passed. Is this for the summer programs or easter (or last year)?
    Am I too late to apply for summer 2009 ones?

ReputationRep:
    the deadlines havent passed, but you are probably too late to have a realistic chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slotcars12)
    the deadlines havent passed, but you are probably too late to have a realistic chance
    not really

ReputationRep:
    Ok cheers guys. I'm currently kicking myself for leaving it this late. I just feel like I'm so busy atm! I'm gonna bang out a few applications and see where I get. I worked for KPMG during my gap year, have decent results and am doing a decent degree so I'm hoping I have at least a small chance.

I'm not massively bothered about being in the flashy departments like IBD over the summer tbh, just wanna make money to get me through uni.
    Which departments (Asset management, equity etc) would you guys recommend applying to to maximise my chances of getting accepted whilst still getting a decent amount of money, say 5 grand?

Appreciate I sound a bit hopeless here but any help is greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Doctoré de Mystéro)
    Ok cheers guys. I'm currently kicking myself for leaving it this late. I just feel like I'm so busy atm! I'm gonna bang out a few applications and see where I get. I worked for KPMG during my gap year, have decent results and am doing a decent degree so I'm hoping I have at least a small chance.

I'm not massively bothered about being in the flashy departments like IBD over the summer tbh, just wanna make money to get me through uni.
    Which departments (Asset management, equity etc) would you guys recommend applying to to maximise my chances of getting accepted whilst still getting a decent amount of money, say 5 grand?

Appreciate I sound a bit hopeless here but any help is greatly appreciated!
    I wonder how that'll hold up in an interview... :shifty:

In response to the original post, you haven't missed the deadlines, but S&T and IBD will be difficult given the market and the fact that most banks review applications on a rolling basis.

ReputationRep:
    if your not set on front office then you stand a good chance, sounds like you have some good experience, but you def need to brush up on investment banking knowledge.
    I assumed you were set on front office like everyone in this forum

ReputationRep:
    I assumed you were set on front office like everyone in this forum
    tsk tsk don't generalise lol - I want a middle office job - that or be a teacher.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.