Eduquas A Level Music - 14/06/2022

Watch this thread
Cupcakes12
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How is everyone feeling about the exam today?

I've done lots of revision for 20th century (area of study E) but not so much for musical theatre. I'm hoping we get a good essay question.
cuite
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
how did u find it
Cupcakes12
Rep:
Could have been alot worse. I thought the essay question was alright. Musical theatre was quite easy which was a relief. In area of study E the Debussy question was fine but the wider listening was disgusting. It was quite uncomfortable to listen to lmao, sounded like something out of a nightmare. The dictation was easy but the Haydn question was hard.

So overall not too bad.
cuite
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cupcakes12)
Could have been alot worse. I thought the essay question was alright. Musical theatre was quite easy which was a relief. In area of study E the Debussy question was fine but the wider listening was disgusting. It was quite uncomfortable to listen to lmao, sounded like something out of a nightmare. The dictation was easy but the Haydn question was hard.

So overall not too bad.
seems like it went well! as for me i only really feel semi confident abt the jazz and unfamiliar listening qs. i totally did not see that essay question coming. also out of curiosity do u rmb what u wrote for the chord progression for the dictation? i said ii - V but im not sure
thedl333
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah the 20th century section was a bit of a pain including the comparison cus i couldn't tell if it was serialism but whatever, the symphony essay was unexpected but wasnt bad in the end
Cupcakes12
Rep:
(Original post by thedl333)
yeah the 20th century section was a bit of a pain including the comparison cus i couldn't tell if it was serialism but whatever, the symphony essay was unexpected but wasnt bad in the end
I found it funny how it was strings and percussion because percussion just seemed like an odd thing to throw in there. I barely wrote anything that was relevant to percussion, I was just said alot about strings.
Lovemusicsimple
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I did music too…are you guys.doing music related degrees and which uni. I applied to Nottingham music first year with the intention of moving to another degree in second year.
cuite
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lovemusicsimple)
I did music too…are you guys.doing music related degrees and which uni. I applied to Nottingham music first year with the intention of moving to another degree in second year.
im taking a gap year out cuz i applied for psych but now i want to go to a conservatoire to study either classical piano or composition. wondering why u wanna switch degrees in ur second year?
Lovemusicsimple
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ok, you could go through clearing on clearing day itself promptly and I’m sure you’ll get that degree, that’s if you don’t want a gap year. Shame we only get a limited time to choose a degree and that is based on what the teachers believe you ar scalable of getting. I’m not sure a music degree will give me a job that’ll allow me to stay in London. My other choice is Bsc maths at city university. May well go with that. Good,luck.
EmilyClarke24
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at the uni of Nottingham.

If you have any questions about the uni, the courses, the city etc just let me know,
Emily
Lovemusicsimple
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EmilyClarke24)
Hey, hi Emily what are you studying.

I am a current 3rd year student at the uni of Nottingham.

If you have any questions about the uni, the courses, the city etc just let me know,
Emily
Hi Emily what are you studying.
Cupcakes12
Rep:
I'm not going to do a music related degree at all. I'm going to do maths lol. But I've been researching lots of different extra curricular music opportunities such as orchestras and bands where I'm going.
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I did my music degree at Sheffield and loved it.
You can do joint or dual honours degrees and mix music with another degree if that's what you wish to do!
Let me know if you have any questions about studying music at university. I'd be happy to help

Emily
- MA Psychology of Music
EmilyClarke24
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Emily what are you studying.
Hey,

I am studying natural sciences. Through this I study Biology and Psychology with Chemistry in my first year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (70)
67.96%
In the post (4)
3.88%
Text (14)
13.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (15)
14.56%

Watched Threads