The Student Room Group

What to do??

So iv been working as a software engineer for a month now but I can't do this job so m worried that m gonna get sacked so I wanna quit but my dad said not to until I get another job. Iv had 2 job interviews and another 2 more coming up for similar jobs but m worried that m gonna be rejected from them cos m always getting rejected from jobs. So I don't know what to do about this cos I can't carry on working here for much longer or take being rejected by so many jobs either??
Original post by cherlloydfan1
So iv been working as a software engineer for a month now but I can't do this job so m worried that m gonna get sacked so I wanna quit but my dad said not to until I get another job. Iv had 2 job interviews and another 2 more coming up for similar jobs but m worried that m gonna be rejected from them cos m always getting rejected from jobs. So I don't know what to do about this cos I can't carry on working here for much longer or take being rejected by so many jobs either??

Well, it's clearing not the case that you're "always getting rejected from jobs" because you successfully landed the job you're in now. Stop selling yourself short.

Also, don't quit because your worried they're going to sack you. If they didn't think you were up to the job (a) they wouldn't have hired you and (b) they would have let you go already. Have some confidence in yourself.

By all means continue to look for alternative jobs (which seems to be going well given that you've had "2 job interviews and another 2 more coming up" - impressive in itself), but don't ditch the current job until you've got something else lined up.

Finally, if you say, "I can't do this job" why would you be looking for "similar jobs"? The very fact that you're looking for jobs in the same field suggests that it's the sort of job you should be doing. You can expect to be up-to-speed after just a month. Stick with it. Both the job, and you ability to do the job, will improve with time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending