Turn on thread page Beta

KPMG re-imburse travel costs? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have a first interview coming up with KPMG this week, and I wondered if they re-imburse any travel costs? Normally if it is £5 or less I don't bother, but since this is for a regional office, it's going to be like £18 if it is calculated at 15p/mile (I am going to drive).

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    yeah they do, get a claim form and keep the receipt for petrol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masucha)
    yeah they do, get a claim form and keep the receipt for petrol.
    ...and get a VAT receipt, just in case.

Incidentally, why 15p per mile? 40p is the standard (governement-approved) rate>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    ...and get a VAT receipt, just in case.

Incidentally, why 15p per mile? 40p is the standard
    (governement-approved) rate>
    Because last week I was at the PwC RISC course, and they were re-imbursing at 15p/mile:o:

So I have to fill up with petrol before I start my journey, and then come back and fill up again and send them the receipt... lol... bit weird to be honest:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Found the form: http://www.kpmgapplygrad.co.uk/ExpensesForm.pdf

I was looking at the wrong email, hence missed out on the expenses part:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by np_desi)
    Because last week I was at the PwC RISC course, and they were re-imbursing at 15p/mile:o:
    Ooh dear, you got a raw deal there. They pay 40p per mile for interns/staff. Maybe it's different for non-staff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel1188)
    Ooh dear, you got a raw deal there. They pay 40p per mile for interns/staff. Maybe it's different for non-staff?
    http://www.pwc.com/uk/eng/careers/ma...pense-form.pdf

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    How mean of them!

ReputationRep:
    put your hand in your pocket you tight bugger, get on a train its gonna cost £5 - £10

ReputationRep:
    Little harsh, trains aren't always cheap. But yes, that's how I avoided having to even worry about what they reimburse per mile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romski)
    put your hand in your pocket you tight bugger, get on a train its gonna cost £5 - £10
    No it wouldn't. It would cost more. Probably the same as the petrol if not more. Petrol was approx £15?

"Tight" bugger....? I don't always claim back. Like Deloitte was about £5 travelling. The person said even though it is £5, claim it, but I still didn't claim.

For your information, it would cost £5.40 [off peak travel card- cheaper than single tickets] for me to get into Central London, and then on top I would have to take the train!

Anyway, I got an email saying they want more days to make a decision Gotta wait I guess.....

ReputationRep:
    and you cant invest £5-10 in going for an interview at one of the biggest accountancy firms.

deloitte was £5 and you didnt claim back clearly something must have been wrong there !!! have you ever had a girlfriend before ? wat are you gonna do when you want a nice meal together go to tesco and get a microwave buy 1 get 1 free

and i bet that was because you couldnt claim it back

put your hand in your pocket and stop moaning about your £5 lost expenses, if money was that tight you wouldnt be driving around in a car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romski)
    and you cant invest £5-10 in going for an interview at one of the biggest accountancy firms.

deloitte was £5 and you didnt claim back clearly something must have been wrong there !!!

and i bet that was because you couldnt claim it back

put your hand in your pocket and stop moaning about your £5 lost expenses, if money was that tight you wouldnt be driving around in a car
    You got some problem, or are a son of some rich person!

£5-10 PER interview for EVERY firm you interview for? I applied for 7 companies, and I should pay around £50 from what you are saying?

No I could have claimed back at Deloitte- I was asked 2-3 times by my interviewer if I wanted to claim, she said even it is a small amount, claim it, but I declined.

The way I see it, I should have actually claimed back the £5. I mean, technically it is "free money"- yes I paid for it, but if I don't claim it then I would lose it, hence the notion "free money".

By your attitude, it seems you an investment banker/trader. You should definately know about "arbitrage" then. But I bet you wouldn't say anything like this to one of them.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about this matter any more, since it isn't worth it. You can continue your insults all you want.

edit: I forgot to add, I was rejected by KPMG- if you want to throw more insults regarding that then be my guest.

ReputationRep:
    awww arbritrage is when you buy low sell high from inefficiencies in the market.
    ahh why was you rejected? np_desi? interview or etray??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    awww arbritrage is when you buy low sell high from inefficiencies in the market.
    ahh why was you rejected? np_desi? interview or etray??
    Free money basically. Buying from X for £1, and selling to Y for £1.10 IMMEDIATELY due to the differences in the rates of the companies/currencies etc:o:

I was rejected after the first interview, but I don't agree with the feedback given. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

ReputationRep:
    oh the interview. how many rounds are there? any tips for me if i pass the etray??

what are your options now? you a second year?

ReputationRep:
    oh the interview. how many rounds are there? any tips for me if i pass the etray??

what are your options now? you a second year?
    1. Online form
    2. Online tests
    3. First interview
    4. [not sure] But E-tray and Partner interview I imagine.

If you have got to the e-tray, that means you are clearly very clever for passing those INSANE online tests, and you have passed the first interview which must be VERY hard to pass- speaking from my experience. So you are a VERY good candidate. I would advise you to practise the e-tray, but since I have never done one, I don't know exactly how it goes:o:

I am in my third/final year, and got an offer from PwC for Audit on Friday (21/11) which I am going to accept.

ReputationRep:
    haha sorry i am applying for summer internship. i have only done:
    1. Online form
    2. Online tests
    3. E-tray

ahh congrats on the offer at PwC

ReputationRep:
    haha sorry i am applying for summer internship. i have only done:
    1. Online form
    2. Online tests
    3. E-tray

ahh congrats on the offer at PwC
    Thanks. I have no idea about KPMG internship apps. I applied for it last year, and couldn't pass the online tests looool.

P.S. I meant (21/11), not (21/10):p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by np_desi)
    You got some problem, or are a son of some rich person!

£5-10 PER interview for EVERY firm you interview for? I applied for 7 companies, and I should pay around £50 from what you are saying?

No I could have claimed back at Deloitte- I was asked 2-3 times by my interviewer if I wanted to claim, she said even it is a small amount, claim it, but I declined.

The way I see it, I should have actually claimed back the £5. I mean, technically it is "free money"- yes I paid for it, but if I don't claim it then I would lose it, hence the notion "free money".

By your attitude, it seems you an investment banker/trader. You should definately know about "arbitrage" then. But I bet you wouldn't say anything like this to one of them.

Anyway, I don't want to talk about this matter any more, since it isn't worth it. You can continue your insults all you want.

edit: I forgot to add, I was rejected by KPMG- if you want to throw more insults regarding that then be my guest.
    nope not a trader,
    yep tired of hearing you winge about £5
    how have you come to that conclusion anyway i bet its less than £5 breakdown please
    maybe it was a trap - if you claim your £5 expenses your obviously a boring ****

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.