45%
Not so good (5)
8.33%
Terrible! (1)
1.67%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

AQA A Level Computer Science Paper 2 7517/2 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 24th June AM
Length: 2h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
forehead349208
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Question predictions??
forehead349208
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by forehead349208)
Question predictions??
talkative bunch
waterslide
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
anyone planning on revising topics not in the AI if so what topics?
DanS_2302
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by waterslide)
anyone planning on revising topics not in the AI if so what topics?
I don't really think comp sci is very synoptic so I won't be revising anything else really. If there is a synoptic question it would usually specifically ask about the two different topics, which from my understanding should be on the advanced info anyway.

The most annoying thing is that they included the whole of I/O devices and the whole of secondary storage which I doubt will entirely come up.
TheMedicO
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
for other aqa papers there’s been some non AI stuff right? but they have been very specific with what we’ve been given
waterslide
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DanS_2302)

The most annoying thing is that they included the whole of I/O devices and the whole of secondary storage which I doubt will entirely come up.
yh if i had to guess ill say camera and hard disk.
are you solely revising cs now or did you still have another test?
forehead349208
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
was there anything not in AI in section A? that'll probably be a good indicator if anything not on there will come up lol. i cant remember
Anas2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by forehead349208)
was there anything not in AI in section A? that'll probably be a good indicator if anything not on there will come up lol. i cant remember
yes hash tables came up in paper 1
DanS_2302
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
yh if i had to guess ill say camera and hard disk.
are you solely revising cs now or did you still have another test?
Just comp sci
DanS_2302
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anas2004)
yes hash tables came up in paper 1
That wasn't in section A tho, which was the only section we got advanced info on.
Anas2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DanS_2302)
That wasn't in section A tho, which was the only section we got advanced info on.
Ah yh true. Still got a lot of content to revise though even with the advance info. If we didn't have it we would've been finished
Kaaameron
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I just wonder whether there will be any questions on the processor and its components or anything about the role and need for different buses
waterslide
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kaaameron)
I just wonder whether there will be any questions on the processor and its components or anything about the role and need for different buses
that stuff has been removed
Faith_24
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Is it exclusively component 2 content, why are people talking about storage etc?
Aaaaaaaayyihg
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone have access to the 2021 resit paper? If so could you send me it? Thanks
BiscuitRiskIt
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
What do you think the 12 marker will be on this year
BiscuitRiskIt
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Faith_24)
Is it exclusively component 2 content, why are people talking about storage etc?
Yes only theory, there is stuff on storage in paper 2 and its advance info (hard disk, optical disk, ssd)
Last edited by BiscuitRiskIt; 1 week ago
JonCurry
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
that stuff has been removed
Internal Hardware Components of a computer are still in the exam which contains things such as buses, memory, processors and the von neumann and harvard architectures.
DanS_2302
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JonCurry)
Internal Hardware Components of a computer are still in the exam which contains things such as buses, memory, processors and the von neumann and harvard architectures.
Only harvard vs von neumann is being assessed from that particular section.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (16)
27.12%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (30)
50.85%
First aid skills (3)
5.08%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.69%
Sign language (8)
13.56%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads