The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Computer Science Algorithms and programming H446/02 - 24 Jun 2022 [Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

OCR A Level Computer Science Algorithms and programming H446/02 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 24th June AM
Length: 2h30

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

So I will be revising all of component 2 but is there anything from component 1 I should revise too, because elements from component 1 sometimes appear in paper 2?
Original post by Kishan Jethwa
So I will be revising all of component 2 but is there anything from component 1 I should revise too, because elements from component 1 sometimes appear in paper 2?

which ones are u referring to? Only OOP I can think of..
Guys, do u find paper 1 or paper 2 easier in general?
Original post by E_H_1234567

Definately paper 1 - cos I remember th big details more

paper 1
Reply 6
Paper 1 defo
what do you guys think will come up for algorithms??
Reply 8
Original post by cronkmax
what do you guys think will come up for algorithms??

They could do a sneaky one and include sorting algorithms. I'm thinking like a recursive merge sort in the recursion question or something. Other than that maybe fill in pseudocode for some of the main data structures or write functions for some of them and use them in context.
Reply 9
are you guys only revising the things in the adv info? idk what synoptic topics to revise
Original post by rrr.
are you guys only revising the things in the adv info? idk what synoptic topics to revise

like 90% advanced info i reckon, but after that last paper im not sure either haha
Original post by HsN4
They could do a sneaky one and include sorting algorithms. I'm thinking like a recursive merge sort in the recursion question or something. Other than that maybe fill in pseudocode for some of the main data structures or write functions for some of them and use them in context.

mm true, cheers
Original post by rrr.

What synoptic topics are there?
Reply 13
Does anyone think that Computer Science (OCR) is a neglected subject? From what I have experienced so far, all the teachers are awful and there are very few resources online to learn and revise from. All the computer science teachers that I have had (from GCSE onwards) weren't able to teach the subject. Some of them knew their stuff, but all of them couldn't teach it.
Reply 14

Definitely Paper 1! I find the theory heavy topics the easiest to revise for. Anything that requires practise (like Paper 2 algorithms) really puts me off :frown:
Original post by EHX44N
Does anyone think that Computer Science (OCR) is a neglected subject? From what I have experienced so far, all the teachers are awful and there are very few resources online to learn and revise from. All the computer science teachers that I have had (from GCSE onwards) weren't able to teach the subject. Some of them knew their stuff, but all of them couldn't teach it.

It may be because most people from computer science go into industry, only few with a comp sci degree go on to become teachers. But I feel like I've had a good experience with teachers.
Original post by EHX44N

this is exactly my experience, the teachers are really out of touch with the exam board
Original post by EHX44N

Yeah I agree with you. Most of my knowledge just came from binge-watching craig n dave, since they summarised the points in a way that i understood mostly.

Then there's also isaac computer science which i think is also free. Teach-ict exists but you need an account for that from your school.
Reply 18
Original post by Lil_Squidward
What synoptic topics are there?

idk like translators in IDE's or inputs and outputs for thinking ahead?
How are we all feeling with the advance info being so inaccurate for paper 1?

Quick Reply

Latest