The Student Room Group

What A-level courses are helpful in terms of applying for Archaeology?

I want to apply Archaeology but now I'm struggling to choose between the subjects.
After studying two years of History in G level, I found myself not a big fan of it and decided not to study it in my A level. I plan to study AS Literature, A level Mathematics, Physics, Geography, and Psychology. However, I'm not sure whether that will be the best choice without taking History.
Original post by sandonthemoon
I want to apply Archaeology but now I'm struggling to choose between the subjects.
After studying two years of History in G level, I found myself not a big fan of it and decided not to study it in my A level. I plan to study AS Literature, A level Mathematics, Physics, Geography, and Psychology. However, I'm not sure whether that will be the best choice without taking History.

im do bio chem and maths so i may not be the best for this but i would recommend history just because unis favour it, but otherwise defo geography, maybe biology as they like a science element and it has a lot of analysis and evolutionary type of things and then if your school does anything cool like geology or classics that would be great. they also love essay based things like english lit
Original post by erinmay04
im do bio chem and maths so i may not be the best for this but i would recommend history just because unis favour it, but otherwise defo geography, maybe biology as they like a science element and it has a lot of analysis and evolutionary type of things and then if your school does anything cool like geology or classics that would be great. they also love essay based things like english lit

Thank you!! I haven't studied bio so i'm kinda worried it would be very hard for me to do it in A level. But I will consider taking it.

You don't need History if you are applying for Archaeology. Some universities might prefer it, but I had friends who did all sciences and ended up studying Archaeology or Evolutionary Anthropology. However, I would recommend looking at some universities you think you might be interested in and seeing what they ask for.
Thanks!! I will check the requirements of the universities I am interested in and see if it says applicants should take History.

Original post by Sandtrooper
You don't need History if you are applying for Archaeology. Some universities might prefer it, but I had friends who did all sciences and ended up studying Archaeology or Evolutionary Anthropology. However, I would recommend looking at some universities you think you might be interested in and seeing what they ask for.
Thanks!! I will check the requirements of the universities I am interested in and see if it says applicants should take History.

What are your predicted grades?
Original post by Sandtrooper
What are your predicted grades?

I am going to take my International AS exams around May. I think predicted grades are for A Level right?

Quick Reply

Latest