The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Not heard since firming

A week ago today I firmed an unconditional offer for BSc Computer Science, but I’ve not heard anything since. I’ve been told they’re supposed to email with a student number so I can enroll. Should I be worried or do they not usually email until later on? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
A week ago today I firmed an unconditional offer for BSc Computer Science, but I’ve not heard anything since. I’ve been told they’re supposed to email with a student number so I can enroll. Should I be worried or do they not usually email until later on? Thanks.

Hi!
When you receive an email from your firmed uni can vary, it may be closer to results day when conditional offers are considered, but could be any time 1/2 months before start of term :smile: Enrolement at HW opens on August 1st, so it may be closer to this time - more info is on this site! https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/students/studies/enrolment/when-can-i-enrol.htm :smile:
My advice would be not to worry, give it some time! They will get in contact with you :smile:

-Claire
(4th year Psychology student)
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Original post by HWU StudentRep 1
Hi!
When you receive an email from your firmed uni can vary, it may be closer to results day when conditional offers are considered, but could be any time 1/2 months before start of term :smile: Enrolement at HW opens on August 1st, so it may be closer to this time - more info is on this site! https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/students/studies/enrolment/when-can-i-enrol.htm :smile:
My advice would be not to worry, give it some time! They will get in contact with you :smile:

-Claire
(4th year Psychology student)

Ah no problem, thanks for your help 🙂
Reply 3
Just curious, what grades did you hold to get this unconditional offer? Or was it based on predicted grades?
Original post by Wizzie1000
Just curious, what grades did you hold to get this unconditional offer? Or was it based on predicted grades?

Hello,

Unconditional offers are given when all the required entry criteria are met, whereas conditional offers are given based on predicted grades, subject to you obtaining any outstanding grades/other entry requirements.

Best,
Jake
Year 3, BSc Mathematics with Physics

Quick Reply

Latest