Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As above.

As of about 2 weeks I just have lost all of my appetite. I'm never hungry. I'll go to eat something, have a few mouthfuls, and I'm absolutely full. And I have no idea why. Today for instance, this is all I've eaten;

- Half a cup of lentil soup
    - Half an apple
    - Pancake

And I'm stuffed.

I was just about to post a similar thread....

All my family think I have an eating disorder

All I've eaten today is

a sandwich (because my mum forced me)
    and a biscuit

Myabe it's stress? I think thats what it might be with me

ReputationRep:
    Wish I had your problem - dieting would be SO much easier.

ReputationRep:
    same here lol iv lost half a stone in a week :-S...no chnge to nythin in particular...odd

ReputationRep:
    how bizzare...same here for the last week

but ive just eaten pizza so i guess its past....im blaming hormones!

Thats strange haha.
    Feel a bit better!
    Although not really, as everyone keeps on going on about it.
    And I'm just not hungry.

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me a lot. Just try and eat little things as often as possible and your appetite will gradually build up again. Nothing much to worry about

i want your problem
    i'll swap my eating habits with yours!

ReputationRep:
    See that dohnut? Open your mouth, put it in, and swallow Its for your own good.

I have to eat lots and lots... just force your self too. Its not as hard as its fun to make out it is for attention

ReputationRep:
    this is not good

ReputationRep:
    I have this too, I have no idea why though. I used to have quite a good appetite but now its just totally gone

ReputationRep:
    I always have that problem this time of year and lose loads of weight, then xmas comes and I stuff myself silly, cancel out the weight loss and then eat fairly normally (more than i should still, but normal for me) until the end of October and then the cycle repeats.

I've put it down to the change of sleep pattern from six weeks holiday + October half term, or daylight savings messing me up, possibly a combination of the two.

ReputationRep:
    i was like this for a little bit when i really liked a guy..

otherwise yeah maybe it's stress/hormones? if you're like this for a few weeks though i'd say go to a dr or something.. but that's just me

ReputationRep:
    Im the complete opposite hah.. Im constantly hungry and never gain any weight.

Maybe because I do alot of sport, I do
    - 2 hours kickboxing a week.
    - 10 hours walking a week.
    - Gym 3 times a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamezzy)
    Im the complete opposite hah.. Im constantly hungry and never gain any weight.

Maybe because I do alot of sport, I do
    - 2 hours kickboxing a week.
    - 10 hours walking a week.
    - Gym 3 times a week.
    I'd say with a large degree of confidence that that is exactly why you don't gain any weight!

Most reponses seem to be jealous ones!

I think you should go see your GP.

The only change is I'm sort of seeing someone. I wasn't before. But I don't think that would have affected my eating habits?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have much energy still and are you particularly active, i.e. exercise?

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym about three times a week and do some form of light cardio for about 40 mins (get into a sweat).

I don't feel that lethargic.

EDIT: oops forgot anon. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have this, my appetite seems to increase and decrease ever now and again, i wouldnt be to worried about it, unless you are actually not eating for the reason of not wanting to for fears about yourself etc. Im sure it will in time get better, leave it a few days or so if not better i guess a visit to the doctor could be a good idea.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.