Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yep I'm talking about that stupid virus that keeps managing to make its way around social networking sites, forums and now even MSN!

How long is it until they put it as a link in a thread?

what virus?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there's more than one making its way around.

ReputationRep:
    This one?

There is a virus going around facebook, bebo, myspace and now knowingly Windows live messenger. It's sent in the form of a link from a contact or one of your friends and ive seen written in the messeges about a video from youtube, and a greetings card from facebook. I got it from a link off a contact off of MSN and of you get it, it will send it to everyone in your contacts list

It's not dangerous as such but i think it saves in the tempery files (at least thats where my virus scanner said it was)

But a warning to anyone who gets a link that looks suspicious dont open it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMashMash)
    This one?

This one?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    There is a virus going around facebook, bebo, myspace and now knowingly Windows live messenger. It's sent in the form of a link from a contact or one of your friends and ive seen written in the messeges about a video from youtube, and a greetings card from facebook. I got it from a link off a contact off of MSN and of you get it, it will send it to everyone in your contacts list

It's not dangerous as such but i think it saves in the tempery files (at least thats where my virus scanner said it was)

But a warning to anyone who gets a link that looks suspicious dont open it!
    I've had random people linking me to allsorts on msn for ages now, and it's pretty obvious it isn't them. *shrugs* you just gotta be careful what you click on.

(Original post by foundintransmission)
    I've had random people linking me to allsorts on msn for ages now, and it's pretty obvious it isn't them. *shrugs* you just gotta be careful what you click on.
    I've had three so far, and I've clicked on all of them because I'm stupid

I've learn't my lesson now, the attacks aren't nice, but its easy to get rid of than goodness

ReputationRep:
    lmao at all the people who blindly follow any link they get sent..

ReputationRep:
    Most of them are like "OMG check out them hot pics from that party! go noooow!".

Erm, no.

Tbh, i've never had one of these virus', because i don't click on stupid links.

ReputationRep:
    10000 minutes

ReputationRep:
    I get sent them all the time, but its really easy to tell there not real

ReputationRep:
    I get a bit suspicious when like, 2 or more of my contacts are sending the same messages to me

ReputationRep:
    Makes me laugh how its from people who i havn't spoken too in YEARS send me that virus saying 'omg check out hot pics from the party here!' lol

ahh, I am tsr's virus

ReputationRep:
    A general rule before accepting a file on an Instant Messenger Service is to ask the user what the file is. Then, you can judge whether the response is automatic or human.

ReputationRep:
    Only complete idiots manage to get MSN viruses.

ReputationRep:
    This one?
    I'm not sure if I find that funny or scary!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    When I read the thread title I thought it was going to be about the credit crunch and how it would affect subscriptions and sponsers.

ReputationRep:
    Does this virus affect Linux?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.