Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rehehelly)
    Only complete idiots manage to get MSN viruses.
    ding ding ding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    There is a virus going around facebook, bebo, myspace and now knowingly Windows live messenger. It's sent in the form of a link from a contact or one of your friends and ive seen written in the messeges about a video from youtube, and a greetings card from facebook. I got it from a link off a contact off of MSN and of you get it, it will send it to everyone in your contacts list

It's not dangerous as such but i think it saves in the tempery files (at least thats where my virus scanner said it was)

But a warning to anyone who gets a link that looks suspicious dont open it!

that's been going around Live messenger for a while now...
    I had that nearly 18 months ago, had to reinstall windows XP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rastaman25)
    A general rule before accepting a file on an Instant Messenger Service is to ask the user what the file is. Then, you can judge whether the response is automatic or human.
    are you this analytical (read: anal) about everything in life?

(Original post by Ghost Grey)
    When I read the thread title I thought it was going to be about the credit crunch and how it would affect subscriptions and sponsers.
    Lol

I'm not that political :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I'm not sure if I find that funny or scary!
    Like, if the exorcist tripped over?

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting loads on facebook mail, with a link saying oh my god I can't belive this is you.
    The one on msn has been going around for years now, like 'Look at these pictures the party was awsome'

ReputationRep:
    I managed to click one through my mail on Bebo (I don't use it that often, honest..). It's really unlike me, I usually recognise dodgy links and files in an instant, but thankfully the AVG link scanner blocked it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fieryiceissweet)
    are you this analytical (read: anal) about everything in life?
    Not really, but then again with the amount of machines that I have ridded of viruses and general spyware, I have come to learn that the user generally has no common sense on avoidance of infection in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMashMash)
    Like, if the exorcist tripped over?
    haha, yeah

(Original post by Lucyyy)
    I managed to click one through my mail on Bebo (I don't use it that often, honest..). It's really unlike me, I usually recognise dodgy links and files in an instant, but thankfully the AVG link scanner blocked it anyway.
    Norton blocked my bebo one (i only see if i have comments :p:)

ReputationRep:
    This one?
    Came to thread with all intention of posting link. Went away with a deep sense of epic failure.

ReputationRep:
    I went through months of not opening because I didn't know the people sending them very well - the one time I clicked one was when my best friend sent it me and I learnt my lesson big time

Always ask what it is before you open something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost Grey)
    When I read the thread title I thought it was going to be about the credit crunch and how it would affect subscriptions and sponsers.
    me either.. oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    Most of them are like "OMG check out them hot pics from that party! go noooow!".

Erm, no.

Tbh, i've never had one of these virus', because i don't click on stupid links.
    yeh my friend must have clicked on that one because every time she logs into msn i get that message... had others like that from her before. seriously hoe dumb are these people to actually click things like that.

no offense if anyone's ever done it by accident, i just cant see why you would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Does this virus affect Linux?

well it shows up as in the messenger gives you the opportunity to open the virus, not sure if/ how it would affect linux but hey... im not about to test it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    haha, yeah
    Good good

(Original post by AWZC)
    Came to thread with all intention of posting link. Went away with a deep sense of epic failure.
    Haha. Phail. They call me "old quick fingers".

Though, that doesn't refer to my posting style

ReputationRep:
    Good good

Haha. Phail. They call me "old quick fingers".

Though, that doesn't refer to my posting style
    Lol. Thats twice you've made me laugh today. Rep coming this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Lol. Thats twice you've made me laugh today. Rep coming this way.
    LOL. Woop I might even make it above the 100 you start with eh?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Norton blocked my bebo one (i only see if i have comments :p:)
    LMAO YOU USE NORTON!
    ahahaaaaaaa honestly some people;
    #1 they use norton
    #2 they use bebo
    #3 they follow dumb virus links..
    you bloody well deserve a virus.

let me guess, you read the daily mail.

(Original post by loopykitten!)

no offense if anyone's ever done it by accident, i just cant see why you would.
    Coz I'm a nosy cow lmao

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.