Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My 11 year old nephew clicked on one of those links whilst using MY PC. The little ****. *anger anger moan moan*.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of this...

(Original post by 46664)
    Oh i see. well i saw the link and it looked well dodge so i steered clear.

Where did it lead to?
    One was a youtube link, which went to a weird looksing oage simular to youtube, before the viruses were blocked

Another was a e-greeting card in a way. That didn't do much so i guess I was lucky

3rd one (the one that attcked my pc) was a link over msn which i clicked and it automaticaly ran as a programme so i couldn't stop it

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    My 11 year old nephew clicked on one of those links whilst using MY PC. The little ****. *anger anger moan moan*.
    Ouch

Thats why I don't like my sister on my pc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    An elegant solution would be to maintain a contacts-list comprised exclusively of people who are literate.
    I'm saying that the virus that goes around, and gets sent to everyone on their contact list, says that. They're idiots if they click on the links, but it doesn't mean they're illiterate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Gutted. My cousin (he's 16) downloaded something on my laptop when i wasn't even in the house, and i had to put my laptop back to default factory settings.. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the TSR admins would keep the vBulletin forum software completely patched so as to minimize the chances of any nasty injection attacks creating messages with dubious links.

I concur with those saying you have to be pretty stupid to fall for Live Messenger worms , why would someone possibly try to send you an image file as a PIF? Having said that , I've seen malware kits which create pretty realistic looking fake Youtube pages etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky.fm)
    I'm saying that the virus that goes around, and gets sent to everyone on their contact list, says that. They're idiots if they click on the links, but it doesn't mean they're illiterate.
    My (evidently too subtle) point was that it would seem drastically out-of-character for a grammatically-fastidious individual to type in such a blasé fashion, and hence your suspicions would be immediately aroused.

(Original post by conroe-killed-the-k8-star)
    I'm sure the TSR admins would keep the vBulletin forum software completely patched so as to minimize the chances of any nasty injection attacks creating messages with dubious links.

I concur with those saying you have to be pretty stupid to fall for Live Messenger worms , why would someone possibly try to send you an image file as a PIF? Having said that , I've seen malware kits which create pretty realistic looking fake Youtube pages etc
    The messenger worm I've seen was sent in the form of a convosation link

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who clicks messages saying things like:

"How do i look in this photo? http://www.rgtgftyererfsdf.com/[email protected]"

..Deserves the virus, to be honest. Half the time it's from someone you've not spoken to for half a year, and typed totally out of character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fieryiceissweet)
    lmao at all the people who blindly follow any link they get sent..
    Exactly, especially when similar variations of the virus have been going around for years.

ReputationRep:
    I don't click on anything people send me..

:hmmm:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.