Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    also, on the application form the bit where it says what hours can you work (in general)..if you can work pretty much any time over the whole week, what hours would you write in the boxes for starting/finishing time daily?

ReputationRep:
    and..the christmas songs have started? you think thats bad, my old employer (in a hardware shop) began playing his local choir christmas album over the summer!! several customers made remarks about it but he seemed to think it was funny! lol sorry being very off-subject there but it just reminded me

ReputationRep:
    How much is the clothing allowance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J9127)
    How much is the clothing allowance?
    Depends on how many hours you are contracted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by small&mighty)
    Depends on how many hours you are contracted to.
    No it doesn't.

Its 75% clothing allowance, however it is strictly enforced, so don't go nuts with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expo)
    No it doesn't.

Its 75% clothing allowance, however it is strictly enforced, so don't go nuts with it!
    I meant in regards to how much they give you.... such as if someone is contracted to four hours they get £75 whereas someone contracted to sixteen hours gets more.

ReputationRep:
    If your under 18 and working a shift thats exactly 4.5 hours are you entitled to a break?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-maya)
    If your under 18 and working a shift thats exactly 4.5 hours are you entitled to a break?
    yeah, i read it it my pack lol, you are entitled to half an hour

ReputationRep:
    But for you to get that break you will have to be there for 5 hours, as you don't get paid for breaks, it'd be better to just work your 4.5 hour shift with no break I think.

ReputationRep:
    I started Sunday, and worked today so ive done 2 shifts and argh Im so rubbish at tills! I can do just a simple buying an item, but when customers start going on about orders and directory's i just get so confused! My next shift is late night shopping night, arghh dreading it!

ReputationRep:
    My first shift yesterday - It was so fun! Beats working at my other job...

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at Next tomorrow, im quite nervous! I'll admit im still no good with interviews at the age of 23 i can never think of answers on the spot to the sily questions they ask and always panic, im silly i know
    I rememeber the days when it was easy to get a job!

If anyone reads this before my interview tomorrow, can anyone tell me what hours you generally work a day? The shop id be working at is open 9am-8pm in the week.

ReputationRep:
    I handed an application for a Christmas Temp job into Next today - what are my chances of getting an interview, have I left it too late? I must say, the girl I handed it into looked a bit surpised that I'd haded it in, making me wonder whether it is a bit late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burninginme)
    have I left it too late?
    No you havn't. As far as I am aware they are still looking for help in the sales.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.