Turn on thread page Beta

will i ever be in a relationship? will any girls go out with me? watch

Announcements

thanks everyone for your help
    starting from tomorrow i'll start watching what i eat and i'll control myself and hope fully i'll look better and my confidence may get better

if it fails i'll probably be back on this thread telling you how i want to throw myself into a bin or something

ReputationRep:
    yay! If you think you could then you can! Good luck, don't even think of failing xx

ReputationRep:
    Not confident, then get confident
    Not good at speaking to girls, then get good at speaking to girls
    Overweight, then lose weight

This is problem solving, you just need to do the difficult bit and put it into action.

ReputationRep:
    there was this guy at my old school, who wasn't very good looking at all, but he was confident and funny, and after people got to know him, everyone loved him. he went out with quite a few of the girls and most of the others fancied him! its such a cliche, but confidence is Everything. when someone is shy and looks insecure, it rubs off, but confidence and spark is infectious.

dont be scared of girls, they're just human after all; when all is said and done, it is down to YOU. if u don't want to change the way u look (eg, diet/exercise to help the weight problem), then learn to love what you have

and remember... girls aren't the most important thing in life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    please keep anon!
    im 18 and:
    i'm not confident, not very good at speaking to girls and im pretty ugly in my opinion..im quite overweight and short
    although i do talk to quite a few girls, none are interested in me further than being friends... and i dont really come across that great
    i really dont see my self with anyone, i want to be with someone later.. but i dont think any girls would go for me :sadnod:
    18 is really young in the grand scheme of things and in the development of you as a human being.
    Sure, you could be an 18-year old who's been around a fair bit and had a number of girlfriends but not that many get to discover what a relationship is, which is actually the tricky part.
    If you feel uncomfortable about your appearance, you can try and change the things that you have control over and be happy with what you've been given. However, you shouldn't complain about being overweight if you haven't started to make a change to your lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    I will! Im in my 20's and still had no luck with guys it sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluestorm)
    I will! Im in my 20's and still had no luck with guys it sucks
    Try changing your looks a bit, dye you're hair.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry!! There are thousands of girls ur going 2 meet in ur lifetime, and i highly doubt that not even one girl will think ur attractive...try 2 b confident...just talk 2 the girl and who knows she herself might be a little nervous....and smileee...girls die for a nice smile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suri)
    girls die for a nice smile!
    ..hows that for a nice smile?..worth dying for?

ReputationRep:
    I say be yourself. Even though I'm going out with one now.... there is always room for improvement I guess. I'm just being who I am. BTW you don't always have to do all the work to get a girlfriend. Cause I know I didn't do anything... it just happened.

ReputationRep:
    please keep anon!
    im 18 and:
    i'm not confident, not very good at speaking to girls and im pretty ugly in my opinion..im quite overweight and short
    although i do talk to quite a few girls, none are interested in me further than being friends... and i dont really come across that great
    i really dont see my self with anyone, i want to be with someone later.. but i dont think any girls would go for me :sadnod:

Here you go mate:
    http://www.datingclass.com/successful/index.shtml

Go out, experiment, get some confidence (as you clearly need it) and read into this stuff as much as possible. Try it, don't just read it.

Girls don't go on looks as much as guys do, so don't worry too much about that (unless you can improve it, in which case you should try to improve your physical appearance, as it is always a bonus)

Oh yer, and ignore every comment here from a girl, because their advice won't help you what so ever (Just be yourself, yer who hasn't heard that one before...)
    If you want some more information on this stuff, you are welcome to send me a message.

ReputationRep:
    please keep anon!
    im 18 and:
    I was in the EXACT situation, im a bit overweight i admit, im not that attractive or special. I hate evrything about myself, im shy,find it hard 2 open up 2 ppl spesh strangers.
    When i started uni in sept i wasnt looking for a bf, maybe a few friends but this lad from the uni added me on facebook, got talking and met up. I just wanted a friend. He is very fit, blonde, gorgeous eyes, rly funny.
    Met up in the union about 3 times that week, once 2 watch the england match.
    week later, went out for a housem8s bday and invited him, he just asked me 2 be his gf,total shock. I hadnt flirted or lead him on or anyfing, he wanted me for me.
    he voluntarily grabs my legs which r the worst bit of my body but he loves them.
    i guess it depends on the person, there is sum1 who will appreciate you. I neva thought anyfing like this wud happen 2 me so just keep ur head up and be yourself, you will find some1 because if some1 wants me then some1 will want you.
    good luck =]

ReputationRep:
    of course you'll be in a relationship and of course girls will go for you for more than friends!!!!!!!

if you want 'advice', be confident in yourself... self-confidence (NOT arrogance btw) glows and shines

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.