The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Moving to uni without a car

Hey
I'm hoping to go to CCCU but I don't live near there ( I already accepted the struggle of moving) but I think im only really deeping the idea of moving.

I dont have a car or anyone I know that drives nor would I have a lot of money around this time and am going to take rhe train.

I guess this is my way of trying to reach out to people for tips and the such

What and how much is suggested to bring?
Is anyone else going to CCCU my way?
Hey, I might be moving in without a car too (not totally sure yet lol), and I suppose my plan is really just to buy most of what I need when I get there. I'll probably just pack some clothes, electronics, toiletry stuff, etc into a backpack and take that with me- all my bedstuff, cooking utensils, food, etc etc I'll just have to buy when I get there
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by frankenfire
Hey, I might be moving in without a car too (not totally sure yet lol), and I suppose my plan is really just to buy most of what I need when I get there. I'll probably just pack some clothes, electronics, toiletry stuff, etc into a backpack and take that with me- all my bedstuff, cooking utensils, food, etc etc I'll just have to buy when I get there

Yea this was something I was going to do. How much are you planning on bringing with you? I don't have a lot of clothes but I don't want to take too much since I would be going by myself. Also CCCU too or somewhere else?
Original post by BooBooBeanz
Yea this was something I was going to do. How much are you planning on bringing with you? I don't have a lot of clothes but I don't want to take too much since I would be going by myself. Also CCCU too or somewhere else?

sorry for the late reply lol, I forgot to check back here. I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 pairs of clothes (plus what I'm wearing), and a pair of shoes. I'm hardly the most fashionable person so I won't be upset with that. As for how much you should bring it's really just a space thing- bring as much as you can I'd say, just prioritise and pack whatever you like the most first. I'll be using a suitcase like this https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6876317

Yeah, accepted my offer for CCCU B) What are you studying?
Original post by frankenfire
sorry for the late reply lol, I forgot to check back here. I'm thinking maybe 2 or 3 pairs of clothes (plus what I'm wearing), and a pair of shoes. I'm hardly the most fashionable person so I won't be upset with that. As for how much you should bring it's really just a space thing- bring as much as you can I'd say, just prioritise and pack whatever you like the most first. I'll be using a suitcase like this https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6876317

Yeah, accepted my offer for CCCU B) What are you studying?

Law and criminology. Thanks for your insight it really helps with what I'm planning to bring. Instead of a suitcase I'm thinking a larger duffel bag or something so I can made use it for other stuff like laundry during my stay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending