The Student Room Group

A level bad predicted grades

I didn't revise for my mocks and got EEE on them, and i don't doubt my predicted grades will be much better than these grades, however i still want to go to a good uni and do a high level course, i have received As in tests i have done since the mocks as i have actually revised. How can i still go to a good uni with these bad predicted grades, my friend told me something about taking a gap year and reapplying but i couldn't find anything online about it. Thanks
One word, clearing. What course are you wanting to study? Often, come results day, if universities have not filled as many spots as they need to, they lower grade boundaries significantly. My course was a BBB entry and I got AAB+A at AS, but my friend who applied through clearing got I think BCC or BCD and still got the spot. If it’s a very competitive degree though you may be best taking a gap year and reapplying with your actual grades, that way you’d get an unconditional offer also since you’d already achieved them.
Original post by Brish
I didn't revise for my mocks and got EEE on them, and i don't doubt my predicted grades will be much better than these grades, however i still want to go to a good uni and do a high level course, i have received As in tests i have done since the mocks as i have actually revised. How can i still go to a good uni with these bad predicted grades, my friend told me something about taking a gap year and reapplying but i couldn't find anything online about it. Thanks

Hi there.

As said above taking a gap year would be wise and most likely in your circumstance. You can reapply with your grades as pending on UCAS, including your initial achieved A level grades too, and resit in the summer.

Hope this makes sense. :smile:
Best wishes.
Apply anyway, you may get aspirational offers regardless.
If you only get rejections, then you can use Extra.
If you don't get any offers from Extra, you can use Clearing
If nothing suitable comes from Clearing, take a gap year and reapply with your achieved grades

Quick Reply

Latest