psychology paper 3

Watch this thread
Adina Henna
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey hope everyones studying is going well- anyone have good evaluation points for prochaskas 6 stage model in addiction?
-Xtremeous-
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adina Henna)
Hey hope everyones studying is going well- anyone have good evaluation points for prochaskas 6 stage model in addiction?
AO3:
One weakness of the model is that the difference between stages is often “blurry” e.g. the difference between contemplation and preparedness is vague. So it is questionable whether they are in fact two distinct stages, therefore creates uncertainty if the progressing or not.

It also offers a different focus of intervention at every stage, this should lead to more individually tailored interventions which are more likely to be successful than a “one size fit all” approach.
However, the research carried out on the effectiveness of this model is inconclusive. Velicer et al. (2007) reviewed 5 studies and found a 22-26 success rate which compared well with other interventions. Furthermore, Aveyard et al. (2009) found that tailoring intervention to the stages of change did not increase its effectiveness in individuals who were trying to stop smoking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (16)
28.57%
Take a gap year (14)
25%
Resit my exams (9)
16.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (7)
12.5%
I don't know yet (7)
12.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads