The Student Room Group

Previous study on a part-time course that was not completed

Hi there,

I'm trying to find some concrete info on how my particular circumstance could affect how much toward my tuition fees I may be eligible for.

I have 3 years of previous study on an undergraduate course. The course was part-time and funded by my employer at the time. I did not take out any student loans for it.

I had dropped out of this course due to personal reasons and so no qualification was achieved.

I know that previous study in higher education can reduce the amount you are given to cover tuition fees, but I have seen some universities claim that this particular circumstance, where a part-time course was studied but no qualification was obtained, would be ignored and not affect funding.

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Soma9
Hi there,

I'm trying to find some concrete info on how my particular circumstance could affect how much toward my tuition fees I may be eligible for.

I have 3 years of previous study on an undergraduate course. The course was part-time and funded by my employer at the time. I did not take out any student loans for it.

I had dropped out of this course due to personal reasons and so no qualification was achieved.

I know that previous study in higher education can reduce the amount you are given to cover tuition fees, but I have seen some universities claim that this particular circumstance, where a part-time course was studied but no qualification was obtained, would be ignored and not affect funding.

Thanks

Hi, we take previous study into account rather than previous funding.

Can you confirm what you are now looking to study? Whether this is full-time or part-time?

We can then advise further on eligibility.

Thanks, Aisha
Reply 2
Original post by Aisha SFE
Hi, we take previous study into account rather than previous funding.

Can you confirm what you are now looking to study? Whether this is full-time or part-time?

We can then advise further on eligibility.

Thanks, Aisha

I'm looking to study BA (Hons) Business Management full time. It would be a 3 year course.
Reply 3
Hi @Aisha SFE

It looks like @SFE Isaac has answered my question in another thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7042433

"Previous part time study only affects eligibility for funding for a full time course if you received a qualification."

My question now is whether I still need to declare my previous part-time study on my application form even though it shouldn't affect funding for the full-time course
Original post by Soma9
Hi there,

Thanks

Hi there,

What is the new course you are looking to apply for funding for? Is it full or part time?

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 5
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there,

What is the new course you are looking to apply for funding for? Is it full or part time?

Thanks, Angela.

Hi Angela,

As mentioned it's a full time BA (Hons) Business Management course
Apologies Soma,

Yes, you would still include the previous part time study on the application but indicate no qualification was gained.

Thanks, Angela.
Reply 7
Original post by Angela SFE
Apologies Soma,

Yes, you would still include the previous part time study on the application but indicate no qualification was gained.

Thanks, Angela.

Okay understood, thanks for your help with this.
Original post by Soma9
Hi there,

Thanks

Hi there, What university and course are you looking to apply for? Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending