The Student Room Group

civil service in-tray exercise help please?

Hi Guys,

I am in need of some help for a civil service in-tray exercise. I have an interview coming up within the next week and the in-tray exercise must be submitted the day before my interview date for HEO policy role.

The exercise is asking for a 1-page analysis of a recent civil service consultation(about 47 pages). The consultation they have provided and the response must be sent to them via email.

Has anyone does this before? Any advice/ tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
tell me more
Reply 2
Original post by Amiit10
Hi Guys,

I am in need of some help for a civil service in-tray exercise. I have an interview coming up within the next week and the in-tray exercise must be submitted the day before my interview date for HEO policy role.

The exercise is asking for a 1-page analysis of a recent civil service consultation(about 47 pages). The consultation they have provided and the response must be sent to them via email.

Has anyone does this before? Any advice/ tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Take a look at these tips from the Harvard Kennedy School: https://www.hks.harvard.edu/sites/default/files/Academic%20Dean's%20Office/communications_program/digital_resources/structuring_your_sypa_or_pae_luci_herman_revised_9_18_18.pdf

The briefing book is a more appropriate response than the white paper approach
Cover the who, what, where, why, how.
Remember your audience - are they looking for you to make a recommendation, or inform a decision?
Exec Summary at the top.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending