Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will many people be in the same position? Watch

I have never been on a date, had a kiss, or been clubbing or had much of a social life apart from some close friends. I'm nervous about going to uni in this state of innocence... will there me many people like me?

ReputationRep:
    Well, theres bound to be someone...

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter, I bet uni will corrupt you

ReputationRep:
    You won't find many people, no, but I'm sure there's someone...

Just don't tell anyone and go with the flow...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, shamed to say I was just like that this year! Yeah...uni will corrupt you...:p: I had a social life, but no dates, was way too shy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll people in your position, I fit quite a bit of your description

ReputationRep:
    Probs a few people, but there bound not to be wanting to tell anyone, so just try to enjoy yourself

ReputationRep:
    I was the same in 1st year and was very easily corrupted Try and keep some innocence and naivety! I never had a drink, never had a guy look at me, barely chatted to a guy, so on and so forth before getting to uni. God I sound old saying that but I mean, I tried to do everything too quick and changed way too quick and did nothing right when I got there...!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have never been on a date, had a kiss, or been clubbing or had much of a social life apart from some close friends. I'm nervous about going to uni in this state of innocence... will there me many people like me?
    As someone who was in your position, I would say that there aren't many others out there, and that they are inherently difficult to find even if there are. So you will almost certainly get the impression that there are close to none. But in reality there are bound to be a few.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me your not missing anything going out to dance music clubs

ReputationRep:
    Im the same as you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

yup, loads, not that they go round wearing signs mind...

Honestly, a lot of that **** is overrated. Clubbing is a worthless waste of time, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 2 months into my second year and I'm still in your position. You'd be surprised how many of us there is.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, there's no need to rush into all those things, just take it as it comes I know it can feel quite scary everyone else has experienced everything before you, I know i certainly do! But don't rush into it as you might regrett some stuff! So yeah, like I said just try to enjoy yourself

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.