The Student Room Group

My teeth and dentist

Hi so I have a few bent teeth and my dentist thinks otherwise like you can see it and I really feel insecure and I’m not sure what to do should I change dentists
Original post by glowackioliver
Hi so I have a few bent teeth and my dentist thinks otherwise like you can see it and I really feel insecure and I’m not sure what to do should I change dentists

Yes you should try a different dentist maybe
yes
Well can probably see it but has assessed it as a non-clinical/aesthetic issue so probably wouldn't be covered on the NHS. Crooked teeth isn't reason enough to get braces on the NHS I think it has to be a health risk :s-smilie:

@Mesopotamian. might know more about if there are any other routes but if your NHS dentist has decline to treat them I think your only option would be to go private and that could be very expensive!
If you want orthodontic treatment, assuming you’re over 18, you’ll need to find a dentist who provides orthodontic treatment and you’ll need to pay for it privately. The NHS doesn’t provide orthodontic treatment for adults (bar exceptional cases).
Try another dentist. Is it really crooked? If so then you can usually get braces but if it’s very mild then you’re not able to.

Quick Reply

Latest