Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

edit: meant to say exgf who still keeps texting him wanting to see him...

ReputationRep:
    Compliment. And then a swell of 'He's mine. HAH'

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do anything because I trusted her.

Know better now :p:

ReputationRep:
    I get milldly jealous but it does happen very frequently, and at one point my boyfriend had a sort of fan-club. He is incredibly attractive, I would say I take it as a compliment but to be honest I don't need to be made aware of how hot my boyfriend is...I've been with him for donkeys and every time I look at him I still think "why hello there " . Although he always tells me when people come on to him, he's completely open and we giggle about it. Bugs me when people try to make a move when they know he's got a girlfriend though - but he's completely loyal and I trust him with my life.

He does get somewhat jealous, but not overtly, he won't go bashing people or telling me I can't talk to them...he just makes a pouty face.

Golly I'm inducing vomiting in myself with this mushiness.....

BAH!

ReputationRep:
    It depends what happens.. if i see someone look at her.. I do not mind.. if my friends say she is pretty.. I do not mind.. if.. and this has happened in the past.. people do not know where the boundaries are.. and make pervert comments.. then I get protective and sometimes physical if they do not go away..

ReputationRep:
    I think with a lot of things, it depends on the situation but in most cases I would take it as a compliment. I have honestly never had this properly happen to me tho! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    Another point- if she is really unattractive then I would find it hilarious!
    Need to be a bit more careful with this attitude, as different people will find different things attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    You are a, light dependant resistor? :eek:
    Sorry but that was hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you handle others fancying your boyfriend/girlfriend? Take it as a compliment or get jealous?

I take it as a compliment unless they get stalkerish or try to influence his opinion of me/our relationship. I wouldn't say acting in that manner is immoral, but it would certainly anger me. Relationships are the responsibility of those in them, so I would be livid with my boyfriend if he cheated and he would get the brunt of my anger (as opposed to the girl he cheated with), but I wouldn't exactly be friendly to her if I knew that she knew he was already taken.

(Original post by strawberry)
    lol girls don't often fancy my boyfriend because he's got classic nerd looks - tall, lanky, wears glasses ... and they don't know what he's like around a girlfriend. I do, and I always laugh when I think about how I have lovely him and no other girl would even think to look his way just because of how he looks, when he is pretty much the most amazing guy I know.
    :ditto: in everyway

Geeky looking bf's FTW!

ReputationRep:
    not bothered in the slightest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    Need to be a bit more careful with this attitude, as different people will find different things attractive.
    Some people are obviously unattractive- (I am to some.) That isn't to say that no-one will fancy them because someone will. There is someone for everyone afterall. I just know what my partner would find unattractive.

I also wouldn't make a huge deal about it infront of everyone, this would be a private joke between the two of us. So I see no need to be careful to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I get horribly paranoid that he might be better than me in my girlfriend's eyes so I then get jealous as well

ReputationRep:
    compliment

ReputationRep:
    I'd be embarrassed if no-one else liked my girlfriend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    Some people are obviously unattractive- (I am to some.) That isn't to say that no-one will fancy them because someone will. There is someone for everyone afterall. I just know what my partner would find unattractive.

I also wouldn't make a huge deal about it infront of everyone, this would be a private joke between the two of us. So I see no need to be careful to be honest.
    Ok well you didn't explain that before, but now you have if you say it like that, then fair enough.

Pass. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Probably get a bit jealous. I dunno, I haven't had the best experiences with this kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    I get jealous :o:

ReputationRep:
    Normally im very casual with it, fact you have to accept when having a popular and beautiful gf. Everbody knows Im arround, so on the whole its mild banter if they do like her. She just says no and things are good. There are a couple who Ive had to intervene with, but aside from that I stay out.

However, advice needed, there is one guy who is always making jokes about being with her, tries to do everything to make me think that him and her are really into each other, keeps bad mouthing me, and basically just needs a "back off" talk. If you get my meaning. Problem is that he is a year above on her course, so come exam time and for assesments he's very useful, also they work together. Personal way to do it would be to rough him up a bit, but shes dead against that. If he already thinks im a ******** then it doesnt matter what I do right? Or how would other people handle it? Yes, I know he only hates me cos he can't compete, but its still not very nice to hear some **** talking to everybody about how hes gonna sleep with my gf.

ReputationRep:
    I had someone like that too CJ.. for my partner.. he was pervert.. kept saying he wanted sex.. he did not know me.. but insulted me.. I told him to go away.. then met him in person for first time by coincidence.. then told him again.. clearer.

It was humiliating for him..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2008
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.